Hey, What About Those [Your Favorite Team]!

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: Hey, What About Those [Your Favorite Team]!

Postby IanC » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Who the fork is Tebow?
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:51 pm

IanC wrote:Who the fork is Tebow?

Why the fork do you care?

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Those are both good questions.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:16 am

PonderThis wrote:

HAHAHAHA....I think of him as the Ned Flanders of football.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Jeez, just wondering. fork, i won't ask any stupid rickin'-frackin' questions then.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Just don't ask like that, lol! He's a football player whose quirks and play ahve combined to make him a compelling story, and his trademark pose has become the latest "planking" pose.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Skimba wrote:
PonderThis wrote:

I guarantee that having read that comment, if I ever find out what he's really like I won't be able to live with the disappointment. There's no way he could possibly live up to that tag.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:35 pm

So, the 49ers, Huh?
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:53 pm

I guarantee that having read that comment, if I ever find out what he's really like I won't be able to live with the disappointment. There's no way he could possibly live up to that tag.[/quote]
Well, you should at least be able to laugh at the Saturday Night Live skits about him afterwards if you do look into it further. I recommend it.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:06 am

fanelian wrote:So, the 49ers, Huh?

I was rooting for the 49ers because if the Giants win they have a better chance against the 49ers than the Saints. I assume you were doing the same.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 am

Well, I expected a loss, and was not disappointed.
I'm sure it's gotten out more than just locally, but there are also now "Tebow Facts" like "Chuck Norris Facts."
My favorite ones are the mean-spirited ones, because I'm awful like that. :wink:
Anyway, on a quick search, here's a few:

Tim Tebow played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
Tim Tebow can get McDonald’s breakfast after 10:30.
When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Tim Tebow.
If you have 4 touchdowns and Tim Tebow has 4 touchdowns, Tim Tebow has more
touchdowns than you.
When Tim Tebow writes poetry, everything rhymes with orange.
Tim Tebow can fold a piece of paper in half 9 times.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 am

Skimba wrote:
PonderThis wrote:

Love it! :D

One skit that I heard a snippet of on the news, and I'm not even sure who did it, was to the tune of David Bowie's Space Oddity: "Tim Tebow to Jesus Christ."

From what I hear, Tebow makes a big show out of praying. From what I remember from reading the Bible, Jesus said to go into a closet and pray privately. :roll:
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am

are you saying tebow should not have come out of the closet? :P
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:54 pm

badplantmommy wrote:
Skimba wrote:
PonderThis wrote:Why the fork do you care?

Love it! :D

One skit that I heard a snippet of on the news, and I'm not even sure who did it, was to the tune of David Bowie's Space Oddity: "Tim Tebow to Jesus Christ."

From what I hear, Tebow makes a big show out of praying. From what I remember from reading the Bible, Jesus said to go into a closet and pray privately. :roll:

I'm always a bit sceptical about sportsman who make a big thing of their faith on the pitch for this reason. I don't know enough about Tebow to really say anything either way. I'm sure he's a very devout person, but it's not something I'm a big fan of.

Take, for example, a footballer in this country, Hernandez. Some players might say a few prayers before the game, some cross themselves when they come onto the pitch, just private, personal acts like that. Hernandez, however, saunters onto the pitch and before the game, kneels down on the halfway line doing this for a good 5 minutes:

I cannot help but think that this is 1% prayer, 49% vanity and 50% building the Hernandez 'brand'. But then, I suppose you shouldn't really judge people.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:07 pm

How much % of faith in God do you have to have in comparison to faith in your playing ability to be good? Does effort of prayer = effort of play? I'm not mocking religion here, just athletes who are overly superstitious. I mean really, will praying, rubbing rabbits foot, donning "winning" underpants, or some such in such a public fashion do anything to help you? I might be a little frightened if I saw my teammate doing something like that, since their head is so wrapped up in the routine that if something doesn't go right during their pregame rites that might screw them up for the whole game. I'm not saying that it doesn't serve a purpose, all athletes do it to some degree to calm their nerves. I used to loosen up before races or warmup/practice before games, but after a certain extent it can become more of a neurosis, and I think to teammates that would be detrimental. Maybe they want to psych out the other team? One of the points in Dylan's "With God on Our Side" was that, guess what, the other side is most likely going to have God on their side as well. So what exactly will the prayer or whatever do if both sides supposedly have God on their side.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Ryan Giggs looks tired of this.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey, leave Chicharito alone! :D Mexicans are crazy like that.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 am

EvilJekyll wrote:How much % of faith in God do you have to have in comparison to faith in your playing ability to be good? Does effort of prayer = effort of play? I'm not mocking religion here, just athletes who are overly superstitious. I mean really, will praying, rubbing rabbits foot, donning "winning" underpants, or some such in such a public fashion do anything to help you? I might be a little frightened if I saw my teammate doing something like that, since their head is so wrapped up in the routine that if something doesn't go right during their pregame rites that might screw them up for the whole game. I'm not saying that it doesn't serve a purpose, all athletes do it to some degree to calm their nerves. I used to loosen up before races or warmup/practice before games, but after a certain extent it can become more of a neurosis, and I think to teammates that would be detrimental. Maybe they want to psych out the other team? One of the points in Dylan's "With God on Our Side" was that, guess what, the other side is most likely going to have God on their side as well. So what exactly will the prayer or whatever do if both sides supposedly have God on their side.

Well what I can say for certain in response to that is that Hernandez made a big scene of doing his prayers on the pitch at Stoke, and then 30 seconds later was stretchered off injured. I think he was then out for a few weeks.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

Tebow is extremely devout, and there is nothing fake at all about how he shows it. Normally I am very annoyed by players thanking God or Jesus or whoever after a game, but Tebow is somehow different. He doesn't thank God for wins. He thanks Him for the strength and ability to play. It comes off as very sincere to me, and again, I am usually very annoyed by this.

Also, the Giants won so I am still alive. But I swear I will bath in gasoline and set myself ablaze if they lose to the 49ers on Sunday.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah? Well where was his messiah last weekend?
I actually watched the Broncos vs Patriots (look at me! I'm watching the Frrtbrrrl) and Brady put on a clinic. Amazing.
You know why the Broncos lost? Because they're all so durned fat. Professional athletes, raking in the cash, can't fit into normal people's pants. Outrageous.

I'll be rooting for the Giants this weekend... in the absence of any local football. :?

ntw3001 wrote:Ryan Giggs looks tired of this.

hahaha
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Dusk wrote:I'll be rooting for the Giants this weekend... in the absence of any local football. :?

Does this mean you like me?

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 am

I'm thinking I'll be cheering for the 'Niners. It's been so long since they've accomplished anything it'd be nice.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm

i'm severely distrustful of *anyone* who wears their religion on their sleeve, no matter who it is. it makes me think they're trying to have their faith validated by showing it off to everyone or something.

also, tebow does the whole "manly man prayer stance" from the born again southern baptists which makes me distrust his faith even more than other people. the entire pose makes me think "fake religious nut" because of how many fake religious nuts i've seen strike that pose when it's time to "pray"

also also, 49ers all the way even though i don't like them much. the only way i would cheer for them would be if they played the patriots again. but if they played the pats i think the pats would win that one this time. also, the game premise of the rematch would be super boring and i might not even watch it if that match up happens.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
Dusk wrote:I'll be rooting for the Giants this weekend... in the absence of any local football. :?

Does this mean you like me?

All my roots are for you, gif.
It's monday morning and I'm sitting at work with NFL game centre open in my browser.. Jeez NFL is such a slow game.
The last time I watched the 49ers play, Jerry Rice had acne.
What's all the hate on Alex Smith? I don't understand.

Are there many muslim footballers? My team picked one up last year and he's doing a great job so far. I bet fasting towards the end of the year was an issue..
Doo dee doo.. Ooh that reminds me. I have an AFL link to share...
I hope that works.. We can't get youtube here at work, so I can't check it.. The commentary amuses me greatly. It's by a local radio station featuring ex-players and "personalities". It should feature the words, "THERE'S FIFTEEN FIGHTS GOING ON!"
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:... I swear I will bath in gasoline and set myself ablaze if they lose to the 49ers on Sunday.

It worked again! :o

Return to “None of the Above”