The What Should Be My Plan Thread Memorial Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
ntw3001
Group Captain

The What Should Be My Plan Thread Memorial Thread

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:11 am

That thread was never in the right section, and now I can't find it. I did not try hard.

I'm almost done in Toronto! I leave on the 30th. My arrival is presumably hotly anticipated!

So, what's going on in the UK? Nothing? Surprise surprise. Not looking forward to being back.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Re: The What Should Be My Plan Thread Memorial Thread

Postby jvcc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 am

1. Find gainful employment
2. ????
3. Profit
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

1. Stay in North America.
2. ???
3. Happiness.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 am

We'd already got one welcome back organised, but you didn't arrive and we had to pass it off as the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Then there was the Closing Ceremony.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 am

Ideal time to go on successful first date with pretty French girl: One week before leaving continent forever. I guess it's uh cheaper to be single anyway.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:38 pm

I passed my English teaching qualification and now what should be my plan

Okay my plan is basically to go to South Korea. But also maybe Brazil! Or a different place? I don't seem to have applied for any jobs yet, so maybe I should.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:39 pm

That is not the sort of employment you should seek here right now, otherwise I'd say come back.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: Witch; Seaon of the Witch; Witchboard; The Witches of Eastwick; Witchery; Hocus Pocus

Postby Skimba » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 pm

ntw3001 wrote:I passed my English teaching qualification and now what should be my plan

Okay my plan is basically to go to South Korea. But also maybe Brazil! Or a different place? I don't seem to have applied for any jobs yet, so maybe I should.

A friend of mine here did the 'teach English in Korea' thing. She said although it was a little lonely at times, she loved it and wants to go back again.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

Harybald
FIRST POST LOL OMG N00B

Postby Harybald » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:46 am

So, what's going on in the UK? Nothing? Surprise surprise. Not looking forward to being back.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking praxis 2 practice test and high quality gmat and We provide updated Testking cbap sample questions with 100% pass guarantee along with the-bac.edu questions. Rasmussen College

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:32 pm

You should seek employment at both Xerox and Elmer's.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:54 am

Nyperold wrote:You should seek employment at both Xerox and Elmer's.

I think they merged into Kinko's some time ago....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:07 am

Hey cool this thread is still on the front page. I'm duhh in Japan! My flat is clean and pleasant and everything in it is new. The toilet seat is heated, which I'm sure is a useful function? I've also seen some lessons being taught and met up with some of the workfolk, and it's all pretty alright. I have a friend (the same chap I visited in Thailand) living in Tokyo also, so I'll probably meet up with him this weekend. Overall, I'm pretty pleased. I was previously apprehensive!

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: Witch; Seaon of the Witch; Witchboard; The Witches of Eastwick; Witchery; Hocus Pocus

Postby Skimba » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Good for you! Yay and things.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am

Super cool!

There's a YouTube channel called Abroad in Japan about a British guy who teaches in Japan. He describes his experiences moving there, and talks about making friends and learning the language. You might enjoy watching it or find it useful, I guess is what I'm saying.

Feel free to recount your travel experiences here too, if so inclined. I bet exploring it and getting used to another country again must be interesting.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:45 pm

I used to enjoy reading Gaijin Smash, which was the blog of an American man who was teaching English in Japan and found himself baffled by many of the things around him. He changed it to Gaijin Chronicles when he found that things were weirding him out slightly less, but it hasn't been updated for about four years now.

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:01 pm

ntw3001 wrote:The toilet seat is heated, which I'm sure is a useful function?

Having sat on cold toilet seats (as I'm sure we all have), I can say that sounds pretty nice.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:43 am

Nyperold wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:The toilet seat is heated, which I'm sure is a useful function?

Having sat on cold toilet seats (as I'm sure we all have), I can say that sounds pretty nice.

I've come around to it. It's surprising how much I must have been trained to expect cold toilet seats, because now I sit on it and am consistently pleasantly surprised. It's like one of those videos of rescue dogs who reflexively flinch at mundane things, and then calm down as they remember it's not terrible any more. How many poos will it take before I fully dissassociate toilets with coldness? Will it ever happen?

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am

Hey Enty, I'm glad you're not finding it thoroughly overwhelming.
I went there Aug 2014 and it was amazing.. but the time I spent totally alone inside and outside of Tokyo (in Omiya) was hard work.
It's funny because I remember memorizing so many phrases and the only things that really stuck were "sumi masen", from sheer frequency of use.. and umm.. "gomen nasai". I went in trying to be the most polite person in the world, but ended up saying, "domo" more often by the end of the trip, rather than the full "domo arigato".. and I could never remember the "gozaimas" when it counted.
Restaurants with crazy specials and buy-something-get-something-else-free deals were a nightmare.
The first night in Omiya, I tried to buy some beer and the woman at the counter and I had a 5 minute stare-off while we tried to figure out what was going on. Turns out I needed to prove I was over 18 by pressing a button. :roll:

I couldn't pick who would be more receptive to me, young or old, male or female.
A woman fell heavily down the stairs in front of me one day and flatly refused my help. She was bleeding and crying, but wouldn't look me in the eye. On the other hand, I had two women fall asleep on me on the train. Total mouth-open, snoring, dreaming sleep. I specifically remember two other men on the train disapproving of this.. but an older woman almost crying with laughter.
There was a feeling of always being "on my toes".. I didn't know what to expect.
Another old woman tried to engage in a conversation with me in a park full of dead cicadas. She was so sweet from what I could tell.. but she may have been crazy and just playing with me. Who knows?

Anyway.. yeah I love Japanese 7-11s.. and I'd love to go back in Spring or Autumn. It was full summer when I was there and I ruined myself walking around in the sun.
The thing that amazed me was how I could get by if I could just mock the Japanese pronunciation of something in English.
I spent a handful of days with my friend who was over there teaching English for one of those colleges.. I specifically recall him ordering a blood orange drink from a cafe and saying "Buh-Rud-Uh O-ran-Ju" and thinking, "Oh yeah. I got this. If I'm ever in trouble just sound like I'm completely taking the piss."

Oh yeah.. warm toilet seats.. My hotel had the spiraling, warm water jets as well. Not something I was used to at all, but, like most things, once you give it a try, you see how it may be pretty good in certain circumstances.
Anyway, good luck man. Hope you have a ball.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Dusk, you sound like you were in a movie of some sorts. :P
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Return to “None of the Above”