This telephone pictionary is as many as four tens

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Re: This telephone pictionary is as many as four tens

Postby James » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

jvcc wrote:On an unrelated note, it's odd to see my username in all-caps, because it reminds me of the acronym it stands for: Junior Varsity Cross Current. The name of my middle school youth group. "Cross current" sort of meant "counter culture," "junior" referred to the fact that it was intended for children ages eleven to fifteen, and "varsity" because we were supposed to be a team, I guess.

I tend not to respect aesthetic casing of proper nouns. I think my internal reasoning, such that it is, is that if there isn't an initial capital it won't stand out sufficiently, and if an initialism has only an initial capital it'll look like it's supposed to be pronounceable as a word. I also don't respect the PlayStation marketing team's insistence that it always be rendered in all-caps, because that's marketing bullhonky of the foulest flavour. Well, not even close. But it's still pretty foul marketing bullhonky. Do note, however, that I do render PlayStation, like BlackBerry with intercaps, because I'm an inconsistent idiot. And for a long time I would present the band Clouddead's name as they initially did, in inverse caps (i.e. cLOUDDEAD), because I'm a real moron.

I recently read an article fairly academic in tone, but written entirely in Livejournal case (i.e. no caps at all, because capital letters are ugly or something). I was surprised at how frustrating I found it, and how often I found myself questioning why someone would choose to do this. Which is funny, because some of the first websites I made were very much of the all-Verdana no-caps variety.

Very funny.

What was it we were talking about again?
SIGNATURE: GONE

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 pm

You were going to explain why you didn't send the line to Null, thereby helping everyone forget that I took two weeks to finish my picture. Everything is James's fault!

James wrote:I also don't respect the PlayStation marketing team's insistence that it always be rendered in all-caps, because that's marketing bullhonky of the foulest flavour. Well, not even close.

Do they request that? Like, you can only say it if you yell it (I'm not gonna type it because it's night and I don't want to yell)? Not even God gets all caps.

Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Null » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Now received. Might take me a couple of days, but it has begun.

Null

Postby Null » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:53 am

Done and sent.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:11 am

We're almost done, guys! I'm excited. :)
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:03 pm

ntw3001 wrote:Do they request that? Like, you can only say it if you yell it (I'm not gonna type it because it's night and I don't want to yell)? Not even God gets all caps.

It's how they always present it in their own materials (or at least it was during the PS3 era; not sure if it still is), but I don't remember whether it's just implicit that that's how they want it done, or if it was some sort of recommendation in a press kit sent out to media outlets that I heard about on a podcast. Not something the general public should really know let alone care about, but enough to catch my attention and irritate it.
SIGNATURE: GONE

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 pm

sent and sent. but neither scent nor cent, not even docent
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:25 pm

This will require no fewer than four pictures, so making it into one will be quite something. I'll let you guys know.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:58 pm

I mean, you could always do four panels. Either way, should be a nice conclusion to this saga.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Commence Operation Apply Pressure to Jvcc.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Return to “None of the Above”