BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Nik

Re: BLURT thread

Postby Nik » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 am

Sometimes you just need to wake up and re-evaluate what is important in life.

So I am.
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:29 pm

I had some sort of virus or cold last week that has left me with a lingering cough. My roommate mentioned the other night that my "skin is not good" and I looked "sick-like". I thought perhaps she meant I was pale, but I was looking in the bathroom mirror today (where the lighting is significantly better than in my dorm room) and I noticed some discoloration around my mouth and eyes. I think it's been there for a while, but it may be more pronounced. I don't know if I'd call it yellowing. Maybe my acne is just getting worse, making the parts of my face without it look oddly colored. Either way, I'm a bit concerned.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 pm

jvcc - Keep an eye on it and be prepared to go to the doctors.

Nik - CANDY CORN VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!!! Is very important. Well also, yea, I do that from time to time, I have to. And I'm here for ya, as always, if you, like, need anything and junk. *chews gum loudly*
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:26 am

jvcc: if you have a student health center with a lab, it would be worth visiting. If not, you can go to a walk-in clinic. If the cough is lingering, it should be listened to, to determine if there's fluid buildup in your lungs. If it was a cold, it might be bronchitis, but if you had the flu, it might be pneumonia. (Not that you can really tell which it was, as the symptoms overlap in a lot of instances). Don't let the cough continue. Otherwise, you might end up walking around campus like the living dead, and you might have to drop half your classes not that I'm talking from experience or anything, because that would be stupid...
While you're there, mention the skin discoloration. They can do a blood test to see if there's something to the yellowing.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:14 pm

After a couple of slighty mean twitter posts from one of the people i mentioned earlier in the thread i go and check Facebook and see this on a comment i made earlier -

Why would you "like" a status like that? Or am i misreading it?

GAH.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby catastrophile » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:16 pm

It conjures up an image of either your hair being on fire, or it coming to life and eating you.
[/bastard]

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 pm

IanC wrote:After a couple of slighty mean twitter posts from one of the people i mentioned earlier in the thread i go and check Facebook and see this on a comment i made earlier -

Why would you "like" a status like that? Or am i misreading it?

GAH.

If you read anything into facebook statuses you're most likely misreading them. People like positive statuses because they genuinely like them or they like negative statuses to be ironic.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 pm

jvcc wrote:If you read anything into facebook statuses you're most likely misreading them. People like positive statuses because they genuinely like them or they like negative statuses to be ironic.
Unless, of course, they prefer it the other way around.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:28 pm

catastrophile wrote:It conjures up an image of either your hair being on fire, or it coming to life and eating you.

To give context - bad hair day. Really bad.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Apprently :roll: it was Facebook messing up. Apparently.
My Spamusements!

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Maybe it's because it sounds like your hair is on fire and that could be construed as funny? That's how I'd take it but I'm not so good at interpreting the intention behind the stuff you type as people who know you well are.

Huh, so I met a very drunk girl at a Uni Party last night and, amongst the various other things that happened over the course of the conversation she rather deliberately coughed in my face and went 'there you go, I gave you Freshers' 'Flu'. She did sound particularly hoarse, but I'm not noticing any adverse affects. When I said I was going off to retrieve an even more drunk friend, she said she wanted me to have her number and put it in my phone. Seemed polite to text her today, but it turns out the number actually belonged to a 38 year old woman.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Vacation over. Tomorrow is back to work.

Sigh.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 am

The trouble with Facebook is there is no "dislike" option, or "I commiserate with you" or "that sucks" options.

The reason I finally joined it was to keep in touch with my best friend's family when she was ill. She always kept me posted on what her daughters are up to; now that she's gone, I keep up with what they're doing on Facebook. I also hear from friends who don't live close enough to visit, whom I would otherwise only hear from at Christmas.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby slydon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:22 am

I hate negative money.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Okay so it turns out it was some kind of mix up on facebook, although i only found out after sending a PM or whatever facebook calls em about it...
My Spamusements!

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Food blog, A Hamburger Today mentioned a joint in my town. Woo!
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Heres a random blurty thingy dodo. I don't belive in soulmates or true love or any of that bullhonky. At least for me anyway. Might happen to others, but never to me. I'm 23/24 this month and I have already resigned myself to a life of singledom, and not in a good way.
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:25 pm

The idea of a soul mate is a little abstract and unbelievable to me, but there are at least people you'll be attracted to and like hanging out with. Unless he or she gets quarantined with what could be mono the one weekend you come home from school. Hypothetically.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:32 pm

IanC wrote:Heres a random blurty thingy dodo. I don't belive in soulmates or true love or any of that bullhonky. At least for me anyway. Might happen to others, but never to me. I'm 23/24 this month and I have already resigned myself to a life of singledom, and not in a good way.

Oh good. Does that mean you'll stop whingeing about being single?

For the record, I don't believe in soulmates either. I believe in lots of gooey, electrical chemical stuff going on in your brain when you meet someone that fits some sort of sub-conscious criteria.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:41 pm

well I mean he's been resigned to this fate a few times, too.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10053&p=199065#p199065 for instance.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:03 pm

chrismachine wrote:well I mean he's been resigned to this fate a few times, too.

http://www.spamusement.com/forums/viewt ... 65#p199065 for instance.

2008... wow

But its true though. I mean im 24 (nearly) and never had a relationship full stop. Surely by now i should of had at least one, right?

So yeah. Might as well give up, since if it hasn't happened by now its never going to happen.
My Spamusements!

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 pm

well the last year I guess doesn't count since you haven't been in the market due to having given up... seriously you can't have it both ways, either you gave up a while ago and the time no longer counts, or you're still counting and therefore still caring.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:24 pm

IanC wrote:Heres a random blurty thingy dodo. I don't belive in soulmates or true love or any of that bullhonky. At least for me anyway. Might happen to others, but never to me. I'm 23/24 this month and I have already resigned myself to a life of singledom, and not in a good way.

How is this post "random"? Seems pretty standard by now. Although I guess random has to include the usual... so nevermind.

Here's an analogy I've been working on: Women treat men like they treat clothes. They want to go out with sexy ones, but just hang out with the ones that they are comfortable with. That's all I have so far.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:30 pm

My post wasn't very hypothetical, in that my boyfriend may have mono so he can't do anything today and probably tomorrow. My best friend was supposed to call me last night so I could celebrate her 21st birthday with her but she never did. She said earlier today that we definitely hang out, but now that it's later she told me she's too hungover after I texted her to ask. So to recap this weekend I haven't seen my boyfriend or any of my friends, and I'm going back to school tomorrow. Woo.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Well, school is not so bad. It has humans.

Non, that sounds like a weekend most grievous. Still, I have learned that the failure of a weekend while at uni is nothing compared to the failure of a weekend while at a non-enjoyable job and while most buds are elsewhere. OH GOD I NEED TO DO SOMETHING OF INTEREST AT THE WEEKEND tonight I played poker a bit and hung out a little but I feel it will not be sufficient to fill my social bar as it were and next week will be a loooooong week. Slatherday is over! There is only one day left to do something good! ACH THE PRESSURE IT IS MOST INTENSE

Return to “None of the Above”