BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Re: BLURT thread

Postby James » Fri May 20, 2011 7:54 am

I'm going to Sweden for the first time in a couple of years tomorrow. It kind of snuck up on me. I don't even have a luggage bag. I'll have to pick one up on the way home.
SIGNATURE: GONE

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 am

Have fun in Sweden James!

JVCC - Where in the great square state of Colorado?????? I'm in the north of center area.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Fri May 20, 2011 11:45 am

How is it that I tend to forget about entire chunks of my life? I did have a religious phase that lasted quite long. I don't really miss church groups.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri May 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Skimba wrote:Have fun in Sweden James!

JVCC - Where in the great square state of Colorado?????? I'm in the north of center area.

Breckenridge. My aunt's partner owns a place there so we get to stay for free. :)
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Some friends and I once made a plan to team up and buy a giant tent. It was called the Breckenridge Deluxe. It was palatial. We did not ever buy it.

Oh yes, and the Canadians have decided to let me in. Good choice. Now I have to think about going there and living there and such, which is rather more onerous than sitting here waiting for a response.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri May 20, 2011 2:10 pm

COME TO NORTH AMERICA ENTY COME HERE NOW

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 pm

jvcc wrote:
Skimba wrote:Have fun in Sweden James!

Breckenridge. My aunt's partner owns a place there so we get to stay for free. :)

Ahhh, yes. That's a nice area. A little far away from me :(, but I'll live.
Yes - ENTY to the States!!!
Bink - start driving south and I'll start north and we'll meet inbetween.
ALL of the above!

I am ready to go home.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Whee! Sounds fun!

Also I am gonna be in Toronto in 2 weeks. I doubt any spammies will happen to be there at the same time but JUST IN CASE, this is me letting you know!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Awwww, If only they suddenly decided it was necessary for me to get to visit the plant I work for, we would be able to meet! The plant is in Mississauga.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah those are only like 40 minutes away (depending on where in TO Bink will be). NTW, when you start looking into specifics just let me know if you have any questions or want me to look anything up or whatever with my Canadian connections (lol).
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Well I'm looking at flight dates and it seems like September 7th is the date I'll be going for. I just need to check up on insurance and such, since the insurance BUNAC are offering seems to be quite exceptionally expensive. Aside from that I guess it's all about looking for places to live and work. My current plan work-wise is to find some businesses I like and ask them if they need someone to work starting in September. Failing that, uh, I guess I'll try and find something, or something.

Place-to-live-wise, I haven't really started thinking about that. I'm not sure where to look. It would be much easier, of course, if I knew exactly where I might end up working. Toronto itself? Mississauga (I'm not just picking names out of other people's posts here, Mississauga was suggested as a place of jobs)? I'm going to have to work on clicking different things into place before I arrive and have to live on a park bench and sing for food. Still better than being at home.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Well if you are coming September 7th, you will want to have your living arrangements settled well in advance if you will be looking at apartments anywhere even remotely near where university kids might want to live. Mississauga would be a decent place to work/live for sure, but you'll likely find with traffic and all that, it will be a bit farther removed from the big city than you might expect given its proximity. Still, it has a population of like 700,000 so it's not exactly tiny either.

Also, something to look at for the job thing. Try Metro Toronto Area as a location. http://www.charityvillage.com/cv/main.asp
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 am

I drove through a little town called South Park today. Then my family and I walked through the Garden of the Gods. So far we've seen elk and antelope. I think we're going home tomorrow, which I'm ready for since I didn't sleep from Friday to Saturday on the drive up.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Mon May 23, 2011 10:11 am

Oh yea - South Park is a HOLE, so I've heard. I've only driven through it. The Garden of the Gods is nice, but it's a rock garden. I was slightly dissappointed when I learned that after moving here. There are some decent gardens out here though too.
Also, in case you missed what I previously posted a few years ago - Casa Bonita actually does exist.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon May 23, 2011 11:54 am

Happy wathever it is you celebrate Today, Canada! It's a completely boring, slowwww day at work... and it's only 9 AM. :cry:

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon May 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Skimba wrote:Oh yea - South Park is a HOLE, so I've heard. I've only driven through it. The Garden of the Gods is nice, but it's a rock garden. I was slightly dissappointed when I learned that after moving here. There are some decent gardens out here though too.
Also, in case you missed what I previously posted a few years ago - Casa Bonita actually does exist.

A lot of Colorado seems to be rock, at least compared to Illinois. It's nice to visit, but I don't think that I could live here. No offense, I'm just a Midwestern girl.

I went to Casa Bonita years ago when I went on a mission trip to Boulder. You know, because there are so many heathens there. :roll: We helped out at a church that was creepy as fork: they built it in an abandoned theme park. I wish I could remember what it was called.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

So, Illinois is "Midwest"? Weird. I always thought that would be Idaho, Utah, Wyoming.. you know... states that are in th West and... kind of in the middle...

You gringos so crazy :)

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:28 pm

fanelian wrote:Happy wathever it is you celebrate Today, Canada! It's a completely boring, slowwww day at work... and it's only 9 AM. :cry:

My impending arrival?

Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon May 23, 2011 6:08 pm

fanelian wrote:So, Illinois is "Midwest"? Weird. I always thought that would be Idaho, Utah, Wyoming.. you know... states that are in th West and... kind of in the middle...

Nah, that's jut the West. The Midwest is the part that used to be the West before we got the actual West (by conquering it from Mexico - sorry about that, by the way. :? )
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Mon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm

jvcc wrote:A lot of Colorado seems to be rock, at least compared to Illinois.

illinois is a lot of ....flat ...ness...

the illinois state motto should be "Illinois: try to stay awake!"
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 pm

"Colorado - Don't fall off a mountain."
"California - Eat some f*^#ing avacodos already"
"Florida - It will rain, then stop"
"Pennsylvania - No one cares about anything besides Philadelphia"
"Texas - Eat beef or die"
"Delaware or Rhose Island - Yup, you just drove through it"
"North Carolina - Pray to God (that the Kudzu doesn't get you)"
"Arizona - Screw you Time Savings"
"Georgia - Love Paula Deen, or else!"
"New Jersey - Please ignore the people"
That's all I could come up with off the top of my head.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Tue May 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Don't forget West Virginia - "no interviews, please."
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Kentucky: "Git offah mah prop'rty! *aims shotgun*"
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue May 24, 2011 7:53 pm

sum yun gai wrote:

No, that's east Colorado or Nebraska's motto. We have Chicago! Chicago!

Yeah, the Midwest is just whatever isn't on the West or East Coasts, or in the South, or the West, or the non-continental states. Observe:

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 pm

jvcc wrote:
sum yun gai wrote:

No, that's east Colorado or Nebraska's motto. We have Chicago! Chicago!

and what else??? *impatiently taps foot* that's right, nothing! :twisted:
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Return to “None of the Above”