BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: BLURT thread

Postby chrismachine » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 pm

If I were to be going backwards, I would commit to that completely.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

That's what I thought. Time to test the limits of my mind's ability to subvert logical numerical sequences.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I'll spoil it for you: capable.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 pm

With your American date-writing conventions I would say it should come naturally.

What the hell is wrong with this keyboard?

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 pm

ntw3001 wrote:With your American date-writing conventions I would say it should come naturally.

What the hell is wrong with this keyboard?

I'm working on a project for a professor of mine from Brighton, so the dates may be written in various ways.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 pm

I'd go complete reverse chronology.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Doing the months backwards seems to make the most sense.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 am

JVCC: Backwards all the way, for consistency. Dec, Nov, Oct, Sept.. etc.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 am

YouTube:
Started by wanting to see "Excuse me while I whip this out." Ended up watching game show bloopers and racist moments. This is not the first time it's gone weird.
Two weeks ago started looking for a friend's sister on "Kids React" and ended up watching people pop pimples. Needed to watch some cat videos after that to even things out.

It's stupid fun.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

Android Replica
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Android Replica » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:50 am

Skimba wrote:YouTube:
Started by wanting to see "Excuse me while I whip this out." Ended up watching game show bloopers and racist moments. This is not the first time it's gone weird.
Two weeks ago started looking for a friend's sister on "Kids React" and ended up watching people pop pimples. Needed to watch some cat videos after that to even things out.

It's stupid fun.

I've lately become completely addicted to seeking out Karl Pilkington on YouTube. It's life-altering.

For cat videos, I recommend "Simon's Cat."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 am

Does anyone know why sending a Word document to someone as an email attachment would attempt to create a "'Mime' document" when he or she tried to save it to his or her desktop? I hope I've explained the clearly: I sent an email, the person tried to save it to his desktop, and he says it wants to create a mime document. I have not had this problem before with MS Word.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:45 am

'MIME' stands for 'Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions'. A file's MIME type is an indicator of what sort of file it is and how the computer should handle it. I'm not sure what it means for a file to be identified as 'MIME' itself. I believe the proper MIME type for a .doc file is something like 'application/msword', but you shouldn't need to know that.

EDIT: Apparently the MIME type for a .docx is 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document'. But again, you should never need this information unless you're involved in web development or something.
SIGNATURE: GONE

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 am

if you are saving a word document on a mac and do not choose to be compatible with windows, then sending the file to someone with windows does sometimes cause this message. or the reverse could be true, you are on a windows pc and sending to a mac. otherwise it's your recipient's email client that is not sure how to handle the file. basically what it boils down to is that you need to make sure you save your file in a "compatible" format so that everyone who uses word can open it. if you're still using the older versions of word (2003 or earlier), then make sure you have the correct file extension -- .doc
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 pm

My friend has evidence of a guy that's cheating on one of our coworkers. She's a nice girl, we like her a lot, and this guy is older than her and, judging by the evidence, a horny bastard.

I may have already blurted about this, but this time my friend found a picture of the guy so it's definitevily him without a doubt - we weren't 100% sure before so we let time decide.

We don't know what to do now :(
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 pm

I have no idea. I'm sorry to hear that though. I've tried to think of some way to help you out for the past few minutes but can't really think of anything. eHow or something might help?
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:21 pm

I'm not certain, but maybe it might be a good idea for one of you, both of you, or a third party to approach the man first and tell him that you know about his cheating and are concerned for the woman, giving him an opportunity to confess. Based on what he says, either let him tell her or wait a set amount of time and then tell her yourself. If it comes to that, you have the option of providing the evidence you have.

I have no personal experience with this sort of thing so I don't know if it's tried and true advice, I'm just trying to think of what would might work.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:29 pm

That sounds pretty solid to me...

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 pm

jvcc wrote:I'm not certain, but maybe it might be a good idea for one of you, both of you, or a third party to approach the man first and tell him that you know about his cheating and are concerned for the woman, giving him an opportunity to confess. Based on what he says, either let him tell her or wait a set amount of time and then tell her yourself. If it comes to that, you have the option of providing the evidence you have.

I have no personal experience with this sort of thing so I don't know if it's tried and true advice, I'm just trying to think of what would might work.

I'm almost certain this exact situation was dramatically reenacted in A Game of Thrones, except the cheater had absolute power and a dungeon at her disposal. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, go with the "trusted" third party on this one.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:59 am

EsBe wrote:I'm almost certain this exact situation was dramatically reenacted in A Game of Thrones, except the cheater had absolute power and a dungeon at her disposal. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, go with the "trusted" third party on this one.

LOL
Screw all that. Put the photo in her mailbox. You don't have to deal with the fallout and she stops wasting her time with an objectionable person (who may be a nice guy but aged and horny from all reports).
Edit: Use gloves.
Edit: Edit: That goes for her, too.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:17 am

This isn't a serious problem so I don't want it to overshadow any more recent, important blurts but I am on a terrible sleeping schedule lately. I think I have insomnia and have had since I was a kid. The worst was when I lived in a dorm; I could not sleep well with another person in the room. When I moved back home after that I only slept every other night for a few weeks because I could not get back on a normal schedule. I've had maybe four or five days where I've gone wholly without sleep since the summer, which isn't the worst it's been but still isn't good. Since I've gotten used to staying up until 4 or 5 am every day it means that's when I'll fall asleep, even if I go to bed at 10 pm. I should probably cut out caffeine completely, even though I've done that before and I slept better but not like a normal person.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm

jvcc wrote:I can't get no sleep

I went through a looong period of not sleeping properly.
I think three, maybe four things really helped to break that cycle:
1. Exercise. Yup.
2. Using my bed only for sleeping and not for watching tv, reading, computer use etc.
3. Stop eating after the sun goes down.
4. Having children who will exhaust you in new and amazing ways until you beg for sleep. But they won't listen. They won't listen.

Your kilometerage may vary.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Have children. Got it.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:49 pm

I also bad sleeping. I plan doctor make sleep drug sleeeep druuuuugssssssausagesssssss

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 pm

I want to be able to say "oh woe is me, I am stricken with insomnia!" but in truth I just have untenable sleep habits. I hate both going to bed and getting up unless I am either utterly dead tired, or so completely rested that staying in bed starts to bore me. (So I guess I just hate state changes?) This ultimately results in me effectively living 26-28 hour days separate from the rest of reality. (But arguably that reality kind of sucks anyway.)

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:19 am

My feet are pretty cold, I'm going to bed. What is everyone's opinion on this?

Return to “None of the Above”