BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Re: BLURT thread

Postby EsBe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:58 pm

I am going to see Cinematic Titanic live on Thursday, and I dearly wish I had someone to go with. Who wasn't a parent. Either way I am excited.

None of you folks live in CT, do you? :? On second thought, maybe it's better that I don't expose my fellow performance-goer to my neurotic fear of not being able to find a parking spot in a city.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:54 pm

I should probably dust this desk once in a while.
SIGNATURE: GONE

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 am

fanelian wrote:MD, I've felt like that and it turned out it was anemia. I also felt depressed and got short of breath very easily. I was prescribed an Iron + vitamins supplement. Go to your doctor and/or try eating more Iron rich foods (beans! right, Loofs? :D) and se how you feel :)]

Wooooo! Beans! *pumps fist in air*
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 am

EsBe wrote:I am going to see Cinematic Titanic live on Thursday, and I dearly wish I had someone to go with. Who wasn't a parent. Either way I am excited.

None of you folks live in CT, do you? :? On second thought, maybe it's better that I don't expose my fellow performance-goer to my neurotic fear of not being able to find a parking spot in a city.

I think nik lives in ct and loves the mst3k guys.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 am

James wrote:I should probably dusk this dest once in a while.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am

I bought an ugly shirt today.. because the label was "dusk".
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am

loofah wrote:
EsBe wrote:I am going to see Cinematic Titanic live on Thursday, and I dearly wish I had someone to go with. Who wasn't a parent. Either way I am excited.

I think nik lives in ct and loves the mst3k guys.

Now you tell me!

Anyway, the show last night was splendid. I did get semi-lost in Hartford on my way there because (obviously) cities are stupid. Though to my delight, when I stopped to ask for directions someone gave me a map instead of cutting me open and eating my liver, as I had vaguely expected they would do. Scratch one fear of travel.

So after both shows (why travel 40 minutes just for one movie, right?) I was sitting down rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes when Mary Jo Pehl steps out of the back room and I thought it would be a good idea to go compliment her on the performance. Except someone gets there before me and she is bearing gifts... so she presents vaguely steampunkish handcrafted leather MST3K masks to Mary (and Trace and Joel who have by now appeared) and relates how one of their offhanded comments a decade ago encouraged her to become one of the world's premier leathersmith, and later how she met her husband of 10 years after meeting in the MST3K fan club that she founded. Then she and hubby wave goodbye, leaving me single and maskless to talk to the guys. Holy poopcakes, how do I follow that opening act? I just wanted to say "good job, I laughed." :o

So then she says "well why don't you join us in line?" In line? What line? I follow them out to the front and holy crap, it's a long line of people waiting to get autographs. I'm like, oh so that's what everyone was so excited about in the lobby after the first movie. I thought they were just psyched up for orderly queuing to the parking lot. And by "I'm like" I really mean "later on the way to my car, I thought that this would have been a funny thing to say at the time."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm

I have to read Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close for a class by Tuesday. I've just finished the first chapter and already I hate this kid.

All day...doing homework. Going stir-crazy.

Thursday I'm going to view an apartment, which, if all goes well, I would move into over the summer and not have to commute to school anymore. The price is amazing, so all that remains to be seen is if it's as nice in person as it appears to be in the pictures and I need to make sure that the guy who would be my roommate who's renting it out isn't overly strange. Fingers crossed.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Dusk wrote:I bought an ugly shirt today.. because the label was "dusk".

That is SO COOL 8)

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 pm

I made it out of the alley. I am not sure if I will make it back in.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:41 am

Skimba wrote:I made it out of the alley. I am not sure if I will make it back in.

:?: MYSTERY QUOTE OF THE DAY :?:

Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 pm

PonderThis wrote:
Skimba wrote:I made it out of the alley. I am not sure if I will make it back in.

:?: MYSTERY QUOTE OF THE DAY :?:

It's symbolic, or philosophical, or something.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:17 pm

A random thing I found interesting when I found it out.

In the early 14th Century, the population of Europe was in decline. Nobody really knows why for certain, perhaps just too many people and not enough resources, on account of the farming system not really being suited to feeding an increasingly large population. Around 1315, the weather takes a turn for the worse and causes serious problems across all of Europe. Cold winters, miserable summers, floods and the like were prevalent, with large numbers of livestock dying through disease and the prices of basic foods going through the roof. This gets interesting in two ways. The first one is a bit tenuous, bit if there was anything in it then it would be intriguing. I don't know if anybody on here knows Cahokia Mounds in America. Basically it's a thousand year old city that was bigger than several major European cities at the time, although I admit I don't know much more than that about it. According to this site, the population of the Cahokia Mounds also began to decline at the same time. It could be nothing, but it's possible that the population decline both there and in Europe could perhaps be due to some sort of global climate event, as opposed to one isolated climate event in Europe. My history tutor pointed that out in a tutorial a while ago and I thought it was interesting.

The other vaguely interesting thing about the famine is as follows. When it gets frosty, you can occasionally see a Medieval ridge and furrow farm if you look in the right places. They look like this:

Whilst the patterns offer some information as to the farming techniques and methods, these sites are actually quite morbid. The reason that you can still see the ridge and furrow is that the land hasn't been ploughed since, it has either been used for pastoral farming or ignored altogether. The land simply isn't suitable for arable farming. What you can see is a last ditch act of desperation, as the weather has rendered the good soil unusable, forcing the people to farm on less usable terrain. The crop yield would have been poor and death would likely have followed.

I thought those things were interesting, anyway. It's good to learn, etc.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 pm

MysticalDescent wrote: I don't know if anybody on here knows Cahokia Mounds in America.

I didn't, but now I've looked it up and it's in my state! My friend and I are planning on doing a sort of mini-road trip of Illinois for our spring break, so I may suggest that we go there.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:I don't know if anybody on here knows Cahokia Mounds in America.

Not quite so much; I'm more familiar with Serpent Mound and Fort Ancient, thanks to proximity. The people who built those seemed to have weathered (no pun intended) the problems of the 14th century fairly well, though, only to fall victim to the American smallpox pandemic of the late 15th and early 16th centuries.

It could be nothing, but it's possible that the population decline both there and in Europe could perhaps be due to some sort of global climate event, as opposed to one isolated climate event in Europe.

That would be the end of the Medieval Warm Period. Europe happened to get hit especially hard by that, partially due to being overcrowded at the time (the famine and subsequent Black Death helped deal with that problem) and partially due to being a little more fragile climatically than most places.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm

I'll be traveling for work next week. I will definitely say something like "I didn't get any flowers or presents sent, because I was travelling on St. Valentine's, duh!" :)
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm

I'll be far too busy going about the mundanity of my everyday life to have time for such trivialities as Valentine's Day and human affection.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm eating blueberries. A big bowl of them, with a spoon. I like to call them bluebs. Bloobs. I'm near Italians, which is okay. The table is glass and that is stupid. How are you? I am fine.

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas Westbrook

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:41 pm

fanelian wrote:I'll be traveling for work next week. I will definitely say something like "I didn't get any flowers or presents sent, because I was travelling on St. Valentine's, duh!" :)

Where will you be going? C'monnnnn Vermont!

James wrote:I'll be far too busy going about the mundanity of my everyday life to have time for such trivialities as Valentine's Day and human affection.

But James, you'll always have my affection. EVEN IF YOU IGNORE IT
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 am

I bought blueberries and didn't eat them right away, so I had to pick out the ones with the beginnings of mold. I guess this could be a whine and complain, but it's more of an observation, really.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:19 am

giantsfan97 wrote:
James wrote:I'll be far too busy going about the mundanity of my everyday life to have time for such trivialities as Valentine's Day and human affection.

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 am

James wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT.

GIF'S AFFECTION THROUGH TIME.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:44 am

Accumulation of unnecessary aggravation = I may actually choke my co-worker today. Simpson style.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

Bloobs. Blooooooobs.

Sounds like an erotic dessert.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 pm

badplantmommy wrote:I bought blueberries and didn't eat them right away, so I had to pick out the ones with the beginnings of mold. I guess this could be a whine and complain, but it's more of an observation, really.

My bloobs had been sitting there for a suspiciously long time, mould-free. I've utilised the same style before and they haven't shown such longevity, so I'm not sure if they are just now being injected with unusual chemicals or if, uh, I dunno.

Return to “None of the Above”