BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Re: BLURT thread

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:07 am

As long as we're talking about the trials and tribulations of physical and/or romantic relationships, I may as well share that I'm trying to woo a coworker of mine. He's eight years older than me (thirty-three to my twenty-five), which can definitely work to my advantage. I've known him for about two or so years now.

We've been spending a lot more time together the past few weeks, but only at work. We close together, we walk out to our cars together, we eat lunch in the kitchen together--last time that happened my boss came in and said, "You two have to stop meeting like this."

She was making a joke, but I'm analyzing everything, looking for possible signs of his interest. I've been quite forward with other guys in the past, and in most other contexts I would have gone for it by now, but being at work complicates things.

I'm gonna try and indicate my interest on Monday, the next time we work together, because I hate not knowing. At this point, I'm pretty invested in the idea of a physical relationship with him, so I'll be disappointed if he's not interested. But knowing one way or the other is better than limbo.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Good luck!
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:48 am

Thanks! I'm nervous, but I need to do it.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:21 am

Ooh, I had one of those conversations but six months ago. Didn't go anywhere (pout) but they said "thanks for being honest." (Would it have been dishonest to just say nothing and maintain status quo? Maybe only to myself, I guess.)

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:03 pm

I don't know whether to try and ask to meet again or just say fork it and give up. :(
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:36 am

For anyone that cares, which is none of you, I asked her.
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:12 am

How'd it go?

I didn't directly indicate my intentions to my coworker, but we're going to get dinner next week, for work-related reasons (he's presenting to my class on research studies he's designed and conducted). It will be good to hang out with him in a different context.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:33 pm

jvcc wrote:How'd it go?

For what its worth, though i don't know why you care, she said yes.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 pm

So not this coming tuesday, but the next (when I've got a week off incidentally) is when we are going to meet. Kinda nervous. What should i wear?
My Spamusements!

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Present yourself a little bit nicer than usual, but still wear something you're comfortable seeing yourself in. Like for me that's a button down shirt, nice chucks, nice earrings, no tie.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:39 pm

If you tuck in a button up shirt, be careful that it is well-tailored and that you don't let it balloon at the sides where it goes into your pants. Wear your best shoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_j3cBhMmY
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Oh yeah i forgot to mention something didn't i?

Met with Maria on Tuesday afternoon. Ended up spending the entire afternoon and early evening chatting with her. She’s really lovely, and we are getting to see each other again :D
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Woohoo! New relationships are fun.

One of my best friends, who just went through the hardest year of her life, just got herself an awesome boyfriend. A close mutual friend had wanted to set them up for ages, and when she got drunk at a party he convinced her to call the guy.

Her fella is in a military and stationed several states away from her, but they talked every day up until they were able to meet over her spring break this past weekend. They're crazy about each other, and I'm so happy that something good is coming easily to her, for once.

She's always very focused on the long-term (e.g., does she have a possible future with a guy) and on making the right, as opposed to the wrong, decision. That means if a relationship ends, her perspective is that she made the wrong decision. But my main hope for her, or anyone in a new relationship, is just to have fun as it's happening.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Well I'm not sure what our relationship is yet. I like her, she likes me, let's see where it goes :D
My Spamusements!

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm glad things are going well for you, Ian.

Dusk wrote:The poetry one still makes me laugh out loud.. which is a testament to both Neil.(?) Daniel. (?) and Jmz.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=41660293339338281783

Overrated.

(It was Dan who wrote it. Neil isn't weird like that. He's an actuary.)
SIGNATURE: GONE

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:07 pm

The poetry. Still so good.

I had mentioned before that I had a friend I was super into and had fooled around with, but he ended up getting back together with an ex. I was mainly focused on getting over him, but I started thinking about him the other day and I realized how much I still have feelings for him.

I did some light facebook stalking and found out he's single again. I contacted him and we established that we're both still interested in each other and would like to meet up sometime soon.

I am excited about this. I'm more attracted to him than anyone else I've ever met or been with. I know he's very attracted to me too. Now we just need to get together.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:59 pm

That's excellent news. I assume you run in different circles of friends and stuff too, which is always a bonus.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:56 am

Well, he's been friends with my best friend since childhood, their sisters are best friends, their parents are friends, and everyone in each family knows everyone else in the other. I've met some of his sisters and am friends with one of his brothers.

He lives an hour and a half drive away, though, so I don't see him very often. I haven't seen him since November actually, but that's mainly because I needed some distance when he was with his ex. We've sorted out that he's going to drive up to visit, I just don't know when yet.

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:01 am

I figured out that if you do image processing on depth buffers totally the wrong way you end up with super glitchy video. This frame capture doesn't do it justice.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:29 pm

That's cool.

It's fascinating to me when compressed video breaks in such a way that the transformation data is applied to the wrong base frame (I believe it's caused by a dropped I frame) and it looks like the shapes of one scene moving around under the image of another.

How involved is messing around with image processing like that? It's something I'd like to fiddle around with and learn more about, but I'm spectacularly bad at setting time aside for even the most trivial of projects, so if it's as complex as I suspect it's probably a completely unrealistic proposition.

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:30 pm

James wrote:How involved is messing around with image processing like that? It's something I'd like to fiddle around with and learn more about, but I'm spectacularly bad at setting time aside for even the most trivial of projects, so if it's as complex as I suspect it's probably a completely unrealistic proposition.

If you have a webcam (I have a stereo IR camera that senses depth) you can take a stab at it with Processing which is a language designed for simple visual prototyping that runs on top of Java.

In this image, I tried to diff two consecutive frames so the output was the delta between a frame and the previous frame, but at the end of each cycle instead of saving the current frame as the previous one, I mistakenly saved the delta as the previous frame, so I turned out to be continuously running a diff against the previous diff, and that resulted in the garbage above. Also I did not realize the color values I was getting back was in fact based on a histogram of depth, not on absolute depth values, so it constantly jittered.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Oh, I've heard about Processing, but never given it a go. It's targeted at artists, right?

You should capture some video of your glitchy thing. That sort of thing is cool.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll give something a go.

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:40 am

I stayed at my cousin's house for the past couple nights and after dinner everyone's like "let's play a game!" Then they proceeded to tell me about a party game they discovered called "Telephone Pictionary." :D (And then obviously, we played multiple rounds of it.)

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:01 pm

One was commercially released here, called Telestrations, and my wife picked it up a few weeks ago. We've played twice with a group of 8 and it's great.

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:36 am

Return to “None of the Above”