BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: BLURT thread

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Where I live I definitely take weather reports seriously. We timed it pretty well to be behind that weather front, although we did call it a short day from Sault Ste Marie to Sudbury (on Friday) because we couldn't be sure how fast the front was moving and didn't want to overtake it. When we drove from there to Ottawa on Saturday the weather was absolutely beautiful, but we could see the evidence of the previous nights storm all over the place; lots and lots of broken tree limbs, even a few trees uprooted altogether.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby chrismachine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah and we definitely didn't need that with the Emerald Ash Borer eating the poopcakes out of our city's trees already.

But apparently help is on the way, so I guess I'll be saying "go wasps!" for the first time ever.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby James » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:41 am

jvcc wrote:
James wrote:I'm not entirely sure what the point is. Was it specifically to avoid the people who still hang around here? Perhaps I'd understand if I actually used Reddit.

Or for people who spent more time on Reddit than Spamusement?

Unless the Reddit software offers some pretty significant advantages over phpBB, all that does is split the (admittedly already fractured) community. The smaller the community, the greater the chance of it petering out.

But like I said, I've never really used Reddit, so there's every possibility it's way preferable for some reason. Still, you'd think that someone might have popped in here to post about it. Not that it really matters, of course. It just makes me wonder. Or did someone do that when I wasn't paying attention?
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 pm

I just have a really hard time following comments and don't particularly like the organisation (as in sorting) of reddit.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Skimba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 am

I'm in Phoenix! For work! More than one person, including myself, has pondered why they sent the fair, red-headed to Phoenix in July/August....other than I get what needs to be done in the time allotted. At least I'm out of the office, but it's bloody forking hot here.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby jvcc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Alright, so, this summer I've been trying to better myself as a person (healthier lifestyle, being less neurotic, taking more risks, etc.). In half an hour I'm going to go hang out with a guy who is a good friend and potentially interested in me. The problem in he's also a bit awkward so I get mixed signals from him. I've decided that if he doesn't make it clear how he feels about us as a potential couple, I will ask him how he feels, rather than continue to be unsure if I'm reading the situation correctly. So. that's gonna happen tonight. I'm posting it here so I don't chicken out.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 pm

GO FOR IT!
(Initially I mis-typed 'ir' for 'it' and found that too funny in my head). Go for ir, too!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby jvcc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 am

"Ir" is "to go" in Spanish (fun fact).

I did ask him, and he's not interested. But it's not the end of the world. If I'm going to be less neurotic I need to learn to accept these things as part of life.

EDIT: A pleasant night's sleep has had the unsuspected result of making me feel quite happy and proud of myself. My journey out of my head and into the real world is off to a good start.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I would say a great start :) Well done.
chrismachine

Postby EvilJekyll » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 am

jvcc wrote:Alright, so, this summer I've been trying to better myself as a person (healthier lifestyle, being less neurotic, taking more risks, etc.). In half an hour I'm going to go hang out with a guy who is a good friend and potentially interested in me. The problem in he's also a bit awkward so I get mixed signals from him. I've decided that if he doesn't make it clear how he feels about us as a potential couple, I will ask him how he feels, rather than continue to be unsure if I'm reading the situation correctly. So. that's gonna happen tonight. I'm posting it here so I don't chicken out.

I've been working on this as well. More of the physical working out/drinking-eating less thing.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby jvcc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:23 pm

chrismachine wrote:I would say a great start :) Well done.

Thanks. :)

EvilJekyll wrote:I've been working on this as well. More of the physical working out/drinking-eating less thing.

Good luck in your endeavors!
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:32 am

EvilJekyll wrote:I've been working on this as well. More of the physical working out/drinking-eating less thing.

before i got to the second sentence, my first thought was "you're hoping to find out if a guy you know is interested in you?"
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby ntw3001 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:37 pm

That is good interaction! This scheme promises positive results.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 am

I'm out to 100% of my best friends finally. And I'm drunk. These two facts are causally related.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

More like casually related SPEAKETH I NOT THE TRUTH?
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:47 pm

N-no? Even though I was drunk I had the forethought to Google "causally" and "casually" to make sure I was using the right word.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:31 am

IT'S VERY HILARIOUS THAT THE WORD "CAUSAL" AND "CASUAL" ARE SUCH SIMILAR ANAGRAMS. IT'S ALWAYS WORTH MAKING THIS JOKE THAT ISN'T DUMB.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm

On another forum I visit, someone has the attached image as an avatar. I keep having brief moments of confusion.
Attachments
photo-thumb-28383.png
photo-thumb-28383.png (5.56 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Last edited by James on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Im not sure how, i mean they are totally different. In one she is smiling for example ;)
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am

James wrote:On another forum I visit, someone has the attached image as a thumbnail. I keep having brief moments of confusion.

I can see how that would be a couple beats of 'mwahuh??'
It's just one of the minions.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Dusk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am

jvcc wrote:I've decided that if he doesn't make it clear how he feels about us as a potential couple, I will ask him how he feels, rather than continue to be unsure if I'm reading the situation correctly.

jvcc wrote:I'm out to 100% of my best friends finally. And I'm drunk. These two facts are causally related.

EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 am

I'm not entirely sure what you're implying.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

The pronoun above doesn't mesh with traditional concepts of something someone might be "out" about. With his being only sporadically involved in threads here, he likely missed that you're talking about bisexuality and not being straight-up gay.
chrismachine

Postby jvcc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm

chrismachine wrote:The pronoun above doesn't mesh with traditional concepts of something someone might be "out" about. With his being only sporadically involved in threads here, he likely missed that you're talking about bisexuality and not being straight-up gay.

I was thinking that might be it. It also could be that he thinks the best friend I came out to is the same guy I asked out. But it wasn't, because the best friend in question is a straight lady.

As an aside, I like the phrase "straight-up gay." And I actually have used it in conversation before.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 pm

jvcc wrote:As an aside, I like the phrase "straight-up gay." And I actually have used it in conversation before.

Is it because it sounds like it's nearly an oxymoron? That's why I enjoy it.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above