BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Re: BLURT thread

Postby jvcc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm not going to let it go till the end of the semester. I think I'll find a way to talk to them as privately as possible and tell them to meet with me to discuss their attitude or they can drop the class.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Ive said some really stupid things on this forum the last couple of months. Stupid dumb things. I know I've hurt people that were trying to help me, in conversations via PM and in public posts. I feel like an utter prick over how I've acted, and i know that people won't believe me, hell i don't believe me, but I really truly am sorry about all of this.

I know its not going to bring James back, not will Chrismachine probably ever want to speak to me again, and same for SYG. But I've acted like a twat to you all, and i really am sorry about it all.

Sorry.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 pm

It's cool, bro. It's good to apologize, but don't go overboard with the self-deprecation. Everyone here knows you've been going through a rough time.

I've mentioned my brother before, who is the type of person who makes everyone around him feel his bad moods. It's a decidedly unpleasant thing to do and sometimes I need to get space from him because of it, but it's different than if he were just a douchebag all of the time. I know that he's being negative toward other people because he feel a hundred times more negatively about him self at the time.

That doesn't excuse his behavior, but it just means I feel more sad for him than mad at him. Well, in the moment I'm mad. But after I give myself some time to reflect on it that's how I feel.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Well on the plus I have started chatting to someone from a dating site. We seem to be getting on really well, im going to work up my bravey and ask if she wants to meet. Though i have no idea what to do or how to ask her, hah
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Do you have any shared interests?

If you both like video games, you can ask if she's been to or would like to go to a game bar or gaming lounge (assuming they have those close to where you live). If you both like museums, you could invite her to one of those. If you both like shopping for clothes or books, invite her to a clothing store or a bookstore.

If you can't think of any shared interests that could lead to possible date ideas, asking her out for coffee or a drink works too.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm +1ing the gaming cafe idea. My favorite place is a cafe that lends out board games to customers.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Welp, i did it. Asked her. Now to wait and see what she says *nervous*
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Guys, SHE SAID YES. I mean she said in a couple of weeks, but she still said yes. She also said I'm awesome.

Eek.
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 am

Woo! I hope you guys have a good time.

But no matter what happens this is definitely good experience. My first few tries at asking someone out were a trainwreck, but I'm kind of alright at it now.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 pm

It gives me more time to decide what to do. Probably just go to a cafe or something? Im still thinking that through.

Unrelated, but is it true you USAians have bacon with pancakes? Thats weird.
My Spamusements!

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:03 pm

I've only once successfully kept a conversation going without a distraction (a board game) to fill in what would otherwise be awkward silences. I like board game dates, which is why I seconded the idea of going to a game shop or something.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Whatever works. Some coffee shops have board games for customers to use.

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

IanC wrote:Unrelated, but is it true you USAians have bacon with pancakes? Thats weird.

it depends on where you eat, but typically bacon is served alongside eggs of some sort, and they may include pancakes as one of the side dishes. Of course, since about six years ago people have been trying to put bacon into everything and anything that contains food. I'm starting to wonder if there really are that many pigs in the world to produce so much bacon....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm not really sure that this is the appropriate thread for this, but that's ok.

I'm travelling to the US (Florida) in a little while and I'm just looking for any general advice, really.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 pm

My buddy says he was down there recently and there are a lot of attractions and restaurants that offer the Canadian dollar at par or at a 25% inflation rate, so if you have the disposable income to take that risk, check online and then you could buy some Canadian money before going and ask if they offer that or check for window signs. That could save you some money :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:26 pm

When? And why? Which part of Florida? I have so many questions.

As a child I was underwhelmed by Orlando. It is unbelievably tourist-y and overpriced, so I'd only recommend going if you're a huge Disney fan, have a sizable budget, and don't mind large crowds.

I can't remember which beach we went to specifically, but my family took a day trip to a white sand beach and it was absolutely stunning. I've looked it up and white sand beaches in Florida include St. Andrew's State Park Beach, Panama City Beach, Pensacola Beach, Navarre Beach, Fort Walton Beach, and the Destin beaches.

I went to Tampa last year for an academic conference. The social and racial stratification and segregation there was pretty depressing (the conference was in the affluent part of town, full of white people, and I stayed in the less affluent part of town, full of black people). The Lowry Park Zoo was a solidly impressive zoo, though.

I haven't been anywhere in Florida, as far as I can remember. There are lizards there, which was super exciting for me.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 pm

I have been to the area of Clearwater a few times, and it was pretty nice. There's a great beach called honeymoon island, which was designed to be exactly what it sounds like, but is now a very well-maintained state park with good beach space.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:26 pm

That information about the Canadian dollars is quite interesting. I hadn't looked at the Canadian/US dollar exchange rate before, but that's quite a significant saving. A bit risky, but interesting nonetheless.

I'll be very briefly visiting Orlando, but I'm actually going to be staying near to West Palm Beach.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:00 pm

you guys will be ecstatic to know that it looks like nothing is going to happen and that she has stopped chatting to me because as usual im a rickin'-frackin' retard who is about as interesting as a sponge, guess calling me awesome was just a big fat lie. hahaha

not even a "sorry but im not really interested, but it was nice chatting to you". just no reply. as usual.

thats all i ever get in the end. why am i bothering. why do i do anything anymore
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Stuff happens in people's lives. It's rude of her not to respond to you, but I wouldn't internalize it. For all you know, she died (in which case her not responding isn't actually rude).

If you really think this is because of something you did, you can share your conversation up until she stopped responding to get opinions on whether or not you may have offended or turned her off without realizing it or meaning to.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:19 pm

oh whatever jvcc, stop with the nice guy act, i know you and everyone else (especially SYG and chrismachine) are happy that nothing is coming of this
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm

You're in a mood, so I'm going to not talk to you. That way you'll have no opportunity to belittle yourself or me.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:34 pm

hah, see you are happy. happy happy happy. just like the rest of you. you all think i deserve this for how I've acted, don't you!

hahaha

i dont deserve to ever be with anyone, i should just die lonely and unhappy shouldn't i.

I actually think I loved her despite not even meeting her. How dumb am I. Loving someone when I haven't even meet them. Hahahaha I'm so rickin'-frackin' dumb and stupid and I might as well just do myself in.
My Spamusements!

EsBe

Postby EsBe » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:32 am

ianc, stay calm, fill in the blanks, and reply with these words:

Hey, sorry for not following up for [X days], I've been a bit busy and time ran away from me. Hope I haven't lost your interest in [doing whatever we were planning]. If you're still up for it sometime when we're both free, awesome! But if not, that's cool. Cheers.

You need to take this rationally and not read too much (i.e. your fears) into silence. If she still doesn't respond in a few days after this, then you can safely conclude it's a "no". Don't try to move the conversation any farther forward, and move on with your search.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:30 pm

I feel like an absolute tool.... she sent me a message today, she had phone trouble yesterday.... i feel really, really stupid and really shouldn't acted like such an idiot.

Though im sure everyone would find it funny if i fucked up.
My Spamusements!

Return to “None of the Above”