The Dream Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 am

Last night, I dreamed that Mom and I were part of a large group that had an opportunity to travel somewhere. We were the oldest people in the group. We were all in some waiting room--didn't look like an airport or train station, maybe it was a travel agency or the auto club--waiting to buy our tickets. Finally we were next in line, and I said something to Mom about making sure we got seats together, but she said she didn't think they had two seats together for sale. I went back to our seats to get something or check something and then turned around to go back to the counter as it was probably our turn, and Mom wasn't there. No one knew where she was; it was like she had vanished into thin air. I was frantically trying to find someone to help. She was nowhere to be found, not in the restrooms, not in the building. Then I was crying and trying to text one of my friends, because I knew she could help me find Mom, but I kept having trouble texting.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:24 pm

A few weeks ago, I was being disturbed in my sleep by my brother's cat. My fitful dream-brain took the frustration of a cat pawing at the door and meowing, and turned it into the related frustration of being impeded in driving out of a car park by an anteater snuffling at my front bumper. It wasn't just any anteater though; for some reason, the anteater and I happened to be old friends. Unfortunately, he was also the model used to design crash-test dummies (I don't know why they used an anteater for this), and the dummies produced in his likeness were so realistic (again, I don't know why this would be the case) that he was mistaken for one and strapped into a car to be slammed into a wall at high speed. The dream ended with the anteater looking at me from the driver's seat and shedding a single tear.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Well, I have a new favorite dream, and it's not even one of my own.

Also,

ntw3001 wrote:the anteater and I happened to be old friends

Children's book?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Nyperold » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Eh, I'll just list off a bunch of things that were involved in my dream(s) last night, since I have very little idea of order of appearance.

There was Yui and Azusa from K-ON! (probably the result of me rewatching a bunch of episodes), and small versions of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were sticking close to them. ( :) By small, I mean maybe half a... 8) ...foot.) At some point, I took a puff on a pipe for some reason, but then decided that was enough and starting looking for a place to dispose of it. There was a hotel room that was apparently mine that I went into; there was an advertisement for a movie that made my 3D vision in "reality" a little odd after viewing a little bit of it; there was a point in the dream where I was wearing rollerblades that I don't remember putting on, but then taking them off because I realized they were Barbie brand; out in the semi-wild, I saw alligators swim in a river, and there were kids and dogs and hippos in another watery area away from them... um...
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:35 am

You know how sometimes dreams can be based on things in the real world? Well last night/this morning (it was 6am, so this morning) i dreamt that someone had a squeaky hamster. Woke up and i could still hear the dang squeaking.

Turned out it was my nose. Bit plugged up due to a mild cold, so when i breathed through it, it sound like a squeaking rodent. Heh.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 am

IanC wrote:You know how sometimes dreams can be based on things in the real world? Well last night/this morning (it was 6am, so this morning) i dreamt that someone had a squeaky hamster. Woke up and i could still hear the dang squeaking.

Turned out it was my nose. Bit plugged up due to a mild cold, so when i breathed through it, it sound like a squeaking rodent. Heh.

I know this well. I may have mentioned before, maybe not, but on multiple occasions, my alarm clock's snooze button has been the answer button on a game show. I'm always the fastest.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby James » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

I had a very strange dream the other night, involving being accosted by security at a shop and my rucksack somehow depositing all of its contents into a public toilet sporting a sizeable and impatient queue, leaving me completely at a loss for what to do. I awoke in severe need of lavatorial relief.

I find peculiar dreams very frustrating: on the one hand they fascinate me and I'd be very keen to share them, but on the other I fear they might contain some symbolism that reveals some terrible dark corner of my psyche that would be instantly identified by my audience, who would then rightly shun and shame me. For example, I didn't include a particularly bizarre portion of the above dream during which I was somehow urinating violently forward from somewhere in my chest (by some means other than the usual equipment), because frankly I can only see that corresponding to something terrible. Also, it's pretty disgusting. So it's better for everyone that I left it out, right?
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Low-Tech » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, I had a dream about cows, specifically, I was watching a bunch of them just hanging around.

They weren't huge 50 foot tall cows

They weren't monster cows that thirst for blood

They weren't exploding cows

They didn't do anything weird, they were just cows, grazing, and I was just on the other side of the fence, watching..... and then I woke up

Man, my dreams are like the local cable access TV-channel of dreams, I'm almost tempted to start ingesting assorted chemical compounds just to see what will happen.......
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him eat a salami sandwich.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled CIA intra-cranial broadcasts
Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby jvcc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:05 am

James wrote:I find peculiar dreams very frustrating: on the one hand they fascinate me and I'd be very keen to share them, but on the other I fear they might contain some symbolism that reveals some terrible dark corner of my psyche that would be instantly identified by my audience, who would then rightly shun and shame me. For example, I didn't include a particularly bizarre portion of the above dream during which I was somehow urinating violently forward from somewhere in my chest (by some means other than the usual equipment), because frankly I can only see that corresponding to something terrible. Also, it's pretty disgusting. So it's better for everyone that I left it out, right?

Undoubtedly. Makes me think of Videodrome, though. While I recognize that "some means other than the usual equipment" doesn't necessarily mean a chest-vagina, I don't think it unreasonable to assume that's what you meant.

Low-Tech wrote:They didn't do anything weird, they were just cows, grazing, and I was just on the other side of the fence, watching..... and then I woke up

My mom and I drove past a sign for "weed-free hay," which led to a conversation about cows getting stoned. We concluded that it would be very difficult to tell a sober cow from a high one, because all they do is eat and lounge around anyway. So I put it to you that you actually had a fairly interesting dream about cows tripping balls.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

By "the usual equipment" I meant the usual human equipment, not my own personal equipment. So no vaginas.

NO VAGINAS ALLOWED.

Wait
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm

James wrote:By "the usual equipment" I meant the usual human equipment, not my own personal equipment. So no vaginas.

NO VAGINAS ALLOWED.

Wait

gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:52 am

i had a dream last night that i responded to an oddly specific craigslist ad which i was quite suited to deal with. when i got there, a guy answered the door and told me the ad was a fake, even though he responded to me and told me where to meet him. at this point a super-villain named "Mega Disappointment" jumped out and gleefully proclaimed victory once again...
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Skimba » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:20 pm

sum yun gai wrote:i had a dream last night that i responded to an oddly specific craigslist ad which i was quite suited to deal with. when i got there, a guy answered the door and told me the ad was a fake, even though he responded to me and told me where to meet him. at this point a super-villain named "Mega Disappointment" jumped out and gleefully proclaimed victory once again...

Hahahahahaha..awesome.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh man, that can't be real!!!
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby MysticalDescent » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Somebody needs to draw that.
MysticalDescent

Postby mulpis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Am I going to get punched in the face if I bump this thread? Because I had the most messed up dream last night. I don't even... whatever.

So, I went to bed around 11:30 last night, knowing I had to get up at 7 this morning. Just like I do every night, I turned off my light and read on my Kindle in the dark. After a while, I got up to pee, and when I came back, I checked the clock on my Kindle - it was 3:45! Well, crap. I mean, sometimes when I'm reading at night I can get caught up and end up staying up an hour or so too late, but four hours? I plugged my Kindle into the charger and went to sleep. Then I had this weird dream where my parents were trying to talk to me about something really important, but in the dream, I'd taken Benedryl and was struggling to stay awake and look alert. It was really, really vivid. When my alarm woke me up at 7, I was all groggy because, well, I'd only gotten about 3 hours of sleep, right? Except no. My Kindle wasn't plugged in to the charger when I woke up, it was on the bed next to my pillow. So either I fell asleep reading, then dreamed I was still reading, then dreamed I fell asleep and had a dream where I was tired.... or I've been Inceptioned. What. The. HECK!
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

That is a pretty crazy dream! I mean it could have been that vivid on any other subject and you'd never have thought twice, but having started off in bed is pretty crazy. Good to see you :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby jvcc » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:40 am

Last night I dreamt that I was in a woman's prison and was given a talking pony to care for. Rather than being thrilled, as you'd expect, I was always just mildly annoyed by it. For instance, it kept asking me questions as I played ping-pong on a table with a built-in ant farm. Eventually I escaped the prison and was immediately attacked by a fox.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby mulpis » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 am

Sounds like a My Little Pony, Orange is the New Black mashup. Maybe no more Netflix before bed. :)
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Previous

Return to None of the Above