The Dream Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby James » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I captured it on my second go. Was I lucky or am I just amazing?

EDIT: Got it two more times. Amazingness confirmed.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 am

Noo I am an inadequate chatcatcher. I assume you didn't spend a significantly longer time on it than me.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby James » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:06 am

I appear to have lost the knack a little since posting that, but the keys to what success I've had have been starting out with blobs quite far ahead of the cat, and trying to chase it towards existing dark blobs by placing new ones in the opposite direction.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby PonderThis » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:19 pm

OK, so last night I don't remember specifically what I'm doing in the dream, but every time the action seemed to slow down and I'm thinking, "OK what am I supposed to do now?" and then "Oh right, of course!" and I would move the mouse arrow over to the lower-right portion of my vision and click the "Next Turn" button.

I think I may have played a little bit too much Civ V lately.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby jvcc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm

I had a dream last night that I was on a bus and a friend of mine sitting a few seats in front of me introduced me to a man she was acquainted with who had just boarded. We almost immediately started making out, and everything was fine. But then he got off the bus, turned to me and through the window said, "I love you." By the time he said it he had transformed from an attractive young man to your average bus patron. I was absolutely horrified, as was my friend.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:25 pm

hahahaha...awww...nah...hahahahaha
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby jvcc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Skimba wrote:hahahaha...awww...nah...hahahahaha

Is that mocking laughter, then sympathy, then a return to mocking laughter?
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 am

Hey! :x As an average bus patron, I... well, okay, the horror's probably accurate. :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm

The thing is, I was more horrified that he said, "I love you" than by his altered appearance. I think Freud would have a field day with this dream.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 am

jvcc wrote:
Skimba wrote:hahahaha...awww...nah...hahahahaha

Is that mocking laughter, then sympathy, then a return to mocking laughter?

Yes.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:09 pm

so i had a dream the other night that david arquette kept following me around town driving a big cadillac convertible painted bright orange and bearing the emblem of that other college in texas. everywhere i went, he was driving really slowly behind me, whether i was walking, driving or running to get somewhere. every time i turned around, there was that cadillac again. i went to have lunch in an open-air market type area and some kids from texas A&M walked by. i flagged them down and showed them where david arquette was parked watching me from across the street. we waited for him to get out of his car, then ran up behind it and started spray painting it maroon instead of orange. he didn't notice, even when he got back in his car to follow me some more, and people kept pointing and laughing at him.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Skimba » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm

The car represents Courtney Cox.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Dusk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 am

Skimba wrote:The car represents Courtney Cox.

LOL'd
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

I had a dream that I was hanging out with Stephen Fry, and he was telling a story about a small village that became plagued with giant orioles picking up venomous snakes (huge, purple snakes, as I saw them in my mind's eye as he told the story) and dropping them on the townspeople. One man didn't hear about what was going on, so he ran into a bedroom and got bit by a snake. Since I was viewing the story in my imagination as Stephen Fry was telling it, I too was in the room, and then when the story ended I was still there. I guess it was his room, because I found two pieces of paper with the names of the other guests to whom he was telling the story, and a notebook that recorded all of my actions. It started off with "is in the shower", and before I could read the rest I woke up.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Domarius » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 am

Man there's a dream thread - perfect. Because last night, I worked late and so got some 7/11 food and ate it on the way home to save time.

That night, I dreamt I was riding a paper origami dinosaur on a computer generated beach made out of cubes.

Seriously, I can't make that shit up.

And the crazy part is, that I remember it was a very long nonsensical dream - but the origami dinosaur is the only thing I can properly remember...
Domarius
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 am

Have you been playing Minecraft? Minecraft and origami, I'll wager.

I hate having lengthy and involved dreams then only being able to remember fragments of them. I always wake up and think I should write it down while I remember, but then I think I don't really have much use for a dream-writeup.

Also, Domarius. I remember you. It's been a while.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Skimba » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm

My dreams have been really vivid and weird recently. Synapses:
1) Robert Downy Jr was a monkey-like thing that didn't like my driving and clawed my face until catass came and threatened him. Then my friends and I were time-traveling witches, having a race, that flew on chairs. A couple of us, including myself, stopped at a Target to buy new chairs. When we approached the sales associate, we requested "the special chairs" and she knew exactly what we needed.
2) I was at work, naked from the waist up, having to go to a big meeting with our client. I had to borrow a sweater from a midget to go to the meeting. Then I was young again, but still naked from the waist up (with the boobs I currently have) and staying at my best friend's house, but pretending to be a boy, and he didn't know I wasn't, so his mom and uncle had to bind me down.
3) Shoot, now I don't remember the third....when I do, I'll let you know.

P.S. This is the first naked dream I can ever remember having. Unless I got naked for a purpose in a dream. :wink:
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

I had a dream last night that I was at a Lady Gaga concert, and the whole operation was really cheap (a wooden stage and metal fold-out chairs). I also remember that she wasn't singing, but doing some other type of performance (maybe a magic show, I'm not sure). One of my old professors was sitting next to me, and he did that thing you do with kids where you touch their nose and say, "Boop!" I was livid, but he found it quite amusing.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Domarius » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:58 am

ntw3001 wrote:Have you been playing Minecraft? Minecraft and origami, I'll wager.

I hate having lengthy and involved dreams then only being able to remember fragments of them. I always wake up and think I should write it down while I remember, but then I think I don't really have much use for a dream-writeup.

Also, Domarius. I remember you. It's been a while.

Haha yes I think I can attribute the blocky beach to Minecraft, and the dinosaur to a funny bad review of Jurassic Park 2 that I watched the night before. The origami I can't explain... I haven't touched it since I was a child...

Yeah it's been a while, 2 years according to the wiki... I decided to make a new cartoon.
Nice to see/read you guys again.

Jvcc in the show yourself thread, never thought I'd see it, I thought she was too shy :)

Btw I write a lot of my cooler dreams down, I keep a dream journal :)
Domarius
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby jvcc » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 am

Domarius wrote:Jvcc in the show yourself thread, never thought I'd see it, I thought she was too shy :)

Wait, what?
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 am

The past few ones I remember:

1) I was in a really crowded classroom, somewhere near the back. At one point the teacher had me get up and give my name, address, and social security number, and got a little angry at me when I didn't hear her the first time. After that, she started instructing the class on the essay she wanted us all to write, which she wanted us to write as messily as possible so it would "look like bathroom graffiti". Then she introduced Dicky Barrett from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, who sang a song about essays to pre-recorded backing music.

2) There were these humanoid things floating around that had one face in front and a bunch of other faces on the side, and and they were wearing long, shiny white robes. All of these faces looked like masks without anyone behind them. The face in front had it's own, regular sounding voice, while the rest of the mask all spoke at once. I don't remember actually seeing it happen, but if one of the many-faced things got close to one or two people, they'd turn the people into more faces, and if they came across any larger group of people than that, they would turn them into another many-faced thing. So some girl and I were hiding out in a house trying to avoid them. Only I guess we weren't that scared, because we also went to a bed and started to make out. A terrible idea in horror movies, but apparently not always so in my dreams, since I don't remember the things coming after us after that.

3) And then there was just something about a live-action Duck Tales movie - it was apparently something made either while the series was around or shortly after, and the main characters were all Howard-The-Duck-ish animatronics. I don't remember what the plot was supposed to be, but it involved a lot of human characters and a time-traveling car which was disappointingly not a delorean.

Also:
I totally thought Domarius wrote:Jvcc in the shower, never thought I'd see it

Not sure if that makes Domarius sound like a pervert or just makes Jvcc sound like someone who doesn't bathe enough.
Last edited by quetzalcoatlus on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 am

quetzalcoatlus wrote:
I totally thought Domarius wrote:Jvcc in the shower, never thought I'd see it

Not sure if that makes Domarius sound like a pervert or just makes Jvcc sound like someone who doesn't bathe enough.

Ahahahahahaha

Quetz your dreams are awesome.

LAST NIGHT'S DREAM BEFORE I FORGET:
I was in some sort of old ruins, they were very tall and full of tree roots and crumbly stair cases and dangly things. I had to climb my way out. I was in a rounded tower without functional stairs, but there was a rope I was supposed to climb. Out of the blue, someone dashed by me and climbed it like a pro, but I realized I was too weak to do the same... onoes trapped and alone! Then someone tossed a rope alllllll the way down to me from a helicopter, so I grabbed it and it YANKED ME SO FAST, it was like I was water-skiing over walls and under roots and up crumbly stairs and in between dangly things, around and around faster and faster, I could barely keep my wits. Then I reached the top and there was no more rope, no more helicopter... but floating platforms that you had to jump to. And WAY BELOW ME was the ground. One slip and I am dead.

So, platforms. I had to conquer them. Apparently Princess Peach had to climb and jump across those platforms in order to reach the kitchen, poor girl, so I figured I could at least give it a shot. I made it across four platforms and then there was a folded-up treadmill! I unfolded it and stepped onto the tread, and it took me to safety.

====================

Yesterday I dreamed something about being in a haunted castle, and I was able to tame a ghost by offering it a warm housecoat. It took me through secret passages that looked sort of like the inside of the International Space Station, walls lined with wired and cables and POPSICLES. SO MANY BOXES OF POPSICLES. When I say "it took me" I mean "it grabbed my arm and made me fly dangerously fast through these cramped secret passages". That dream actually felt pretty similar to the first one I described.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am

Last night's dream was somewhat f'ed up. I gave birth to a sizable baby girl, then promptly forgot about her and just left her and the placenta on the floor while I went off to chat with my parents and eat snacks. I later hear weird noises, so I go to check it out, and saw a cat eating the placenta. I was like OH poopcakes, THAT'S RIGHT, I JUST HAD A BABY, where is she?! Then I saw her, she was unresponsive, eyes rolled back in her head... I began yelling her name whatever it was, and she mumbled, "shut up mom." I asked, "Are you alive? Is everything ok?" and she said "yeah, I think I was born blind though". So it was a relief that she was alive at least... anyways the rest of the dream was me trying to fix her blindness in various ways.

I'm not pregnant, don't worry.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby James » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 pm

In recent months I've had at least two dreams in which I recounted the immediately prior dream to someone I know in real life. The first started with a somewhat naughty scenario in the meta-dream, followed by my starting to recount it to my dad in a pub, only to realize that I really didn't want to be talking to my dad about naughtiness, and having to skip over most of the content of the meta-dream, rendering the telling pointless. The second meta-dream, as I remember it, started with my boss mildly telling me off for something, then my retaliating, which somehow bizarrely caused him to cry a little bit. This was entirely unintentional, so I apologized, and he put his arm around my shoulder; however, whenever I attempted to respond in kind, he would push my hand away, leaving me feeling rather at a loss as to how to pose myself (a surprisingly detailed nuance by my dreams' standards). This was followed by my telling my friends about that dream, which my flatmate responded to with his REAL LIFE LAUGH. When I actually told my flatmate about the dream and meta-dream, he laughed that same laugh. TRUE TO LIFE.

Putting this in writing, it's turns out it's objectively really quite boring, but I'm impressed at my subconscious for generating these recursive scenarios. I suppose dreams always lead into one another in peculiar ways, but generally the surreality isn't really addressed. Thinking about it, I wonder whether it's anything to do with the fact that I'm still gradually working my way through Gödel, Escher, Bach.

Another thing that impressed me about my recent dream activity was that I dreamt of apparently original music. There were even words, although they were nonsense. At the end, the song started to tail off, only to build back up again in a manner which felt like it would reach a critical point after which it would pick up somewhere in the middle of Beethoven's Ninth (which I had been listening to that day).

Again, probably only interesting to me. It feels like I should have included more detail, but I'm very much at risk of falling asleep right now.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:19 pm

I dreamed that I payed Fenris (that emo, anti-mage, former slave, elven warrior from Dragon Age II) to carve some cuts into my arm. I remember long strips of my flesh being carved out, and marveling at how it wasn't bleeding as much as I thought it would.

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above