The Dream Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby PonderThis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

I think I'm letting this knee thing get to me more than it should. Last night I dreamed that my knee was hurting and the pain kept getting worse and worse but in that strange dream logic I was up and running around frantically trying to find an ibuprofen. Every time I thought I found one, it turned out to be something else. First it was a multivitamin. Then a skittle. Then an m&m. Or technically if it's one isn't it just an "m"? Anyway I was still trying to find that ibuprofen when I woke up and suddenly my knee totally didn't hurt at all. The pain was all in the dream.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 am

I think this is the first time I've dreamed about the club I intern at: We were trying to get as many people as physically possible inside it - like phonebooth stuffing, except with a rock club. I don't think there's any meaning to that beyond the fact that I've been there a lot and the past few shows have been crowded.

Oh, also just last night I had one involving the early career of The Beastie Boys - at one point their management was trying to change their image and when asked for input one of them said "we just want something modern, something that says 'the new generation'", and what they got back were clothes that literally just said "the new generation" all over them. Ba dum tish.
Last edited by quetzalcoatlus on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Skimba » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 pm

The other night - Tuesday maybe - I dreamt I was in a car chase, following Luke Duke, because we had to go save Bo Duke and the "cop" was my Vice President from my job. The really odd part was that "Luke" was actually my friend Rob from High School who I haven't seen in 8 years, but was named Luke Duke.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 pm

And of course you jumped over a broken bridge while your car horn played the first few notes of "Dixie's Land", right? :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:55 am

I had a dream this morning, where it turned out that my first ex-boyfriend ever had been stalking me all this time (we broke up in 200, I think...). And when we found him out, he just blatantly stayed there, looking at/through my bedroom's window from the other side of the backyard wall we haven't re-built. In real life we rebuilt a portion of this wall and it is around 2.5 meter tall now, and the rest is jut something like a meter and a half high or something so this is really possible and being watched like that has always been a fear of mine, so this was sort of a nightmare. I've been very anxious the whole day.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 pm

200? HAHA TYPO
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:200? HAHA TYPO

She's actually an ancient vampire, didn't you know?
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:41 pm

I had a dream that I kept having lunch with comedian Sean Lock in my hometown, and then another comedian, Bill Bailey, came up to me on the street and started interrogating me about my relationship with Lock. He was like, "Oh, you're hanging out with him a lot. What do you guys get up to?"
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:27 am

Hasn't Lock co-written a lot of Bailey's stand-up material? Are you trying to dream-jeapardize their professional partnership?
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 am

James wrote:Hasn't Lock co-written a lot of Bailey's stand-up material? Are you trying to dream-jeapardize their professional partnership?

According to the internet, they're real-life friends, so that's probably the connection my subconscious made.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm

I walked into an electronics store, only to find Demetri Martin giving a book signing! I went up to have my book signed, and by the time I reached the sighing table he was now Neil Patrick Harris, but also Bruce Campbell. I started to make small talk since no one else was in line, and then a Klingon walked by so I yelled "Hab SoSli' Quch!" (your mother has a smooth forehead). The Klingon took offense and cornered me and Neil/Bruce, and then bound us with invisible rope. He walked away so I slid out my convenient invisible wrist-blade and cut our ropes, then we ran off into the wilderness. Apparently there was a dance performance I was supposed to give, directed by a guy in a wheelchair from my elementary school, but I skipped it to chill in the woods with this cool celebrity person. And then we found a dead dog with a pink bow. And then we found a happy golden shepherd.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby giantsfan97 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:200? HAHA TYPO

She's actually an ancient vampire, didn't you know?

I'd let her suck my blood if you know what I mean.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue May 03, 2011 1:41 pm

My sister and I are looking through all the stuff in her old room for some reason, and we find this strange inflatable baby doll. She picks it up, and it promptly starts growing and gains the ability to talk (I don't remember anything it actually said, but it sounded eerily like Lil' Markie). It somehow escapes the house, and we chase after it. We get to this big rocky hill on an undeveloped piece of land in the neighborhood, and while we're still after it, I fall down and get knocked out. Next thing I know, I'm in a bed in some kind of hospital, being questioned about what had happened. I tell the truth despite the fact that I'm worried they're going to decide I'm crazy. Then I'm left alone for a while, so I just get up and walk out the door, only to find that it leads to a large amusement park. After wandering around, noticing no one seems to be looking for me yet, and getting lost, I run into Andrew from Songs To Wear Pants To - I guess in the dream we already know each other somehow. I want to tell him the trouble I'm in, but I'm afraid he'll just turn me in, so I act like everything's okay, then we ride a rollercoaster.

It's sorta strange how many of my dreams all come back to rollercoasters, really. Also, I like that by the end of this dream, there's a giant freaky baby roaming the city and I have no idea where my sister is, and yet there I am just riding amusement park rides with an internet celebrity.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Nyperold » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 am

Last night's dream involved working with the Ghostbusters, but no ghosts showed up. I remember we were going someplace that had a button we had to push or something bad would happen, but there was a possibility that the button would be where we couldn't get to it.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:31 pm

I had a dream that a company that created robots that look and act like humans decided to hold a massive competition for a huge cash prize: the human contestants and the robots would live together in a town that the company had constructed, and no one would know which was which. I think that some or all of the robots were replicants or replacements for people the contestants knew in real life. It also seemed like the human contestants had been coerced into it, because it definitely had more of the feel of living in Oceania and being watched by Big Brother than a light-hearted reality competition. Contestants were being eliminated, but I'm not sure how (either from quitting, breaking a competition rule, or dying). I was in the contest, and in my mind I decided who the real people were and who the robots were (the people assumed were robots would make weird jokes or act unlike their previous selves). Somehow my dream split me into two consciouses, however, because, unlike my self that was in the competition, my other self watching the dream as a whole was able to predict that I would be one of the last contestants, but would be totally wrong about who the robots were.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:14 am

Last night I dreamed about zombie vampires. Had to kill them with little pencil sized pieces of wood while avoiding their bites.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:15 am

A few nights ago, I had a dream about my best friend, and unlike all the others I'd had about her since she died, this one wasn't disturbing. In this one, she was at least able to walk around and function fairly well, although she did have a little paper bag from the pharmacy that was full of all the medications she needed to stay alive. In this dream, she made the comment that if she could get a job in her condition, then I could find one too. :)

--J--
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby James » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 am

Last night I dreamt about a keyboard layout with four @ keys. I have the worst subconscious.

In addition, I think I must have been sleeping on my left arm, because it's been really sore today. Perhaps that's self-inflicted punishment for having such a ridiculously tedious dream.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

lol @ James

It's that time of the month again... the time when my dreams get super vivid! Well, technically this happens for about a week or two every couple of months.

Yesterday, I was very alone in my dreams. Alone but exploring. Taking weird paths and bridges, looking in at people, and debating whether to take the giant spiral staircase into the sky. Also, another day I ended up in a bar in a foreign city, alone again but searching for people who would want to talk to me. There was a girl in a pink shirt who sat next to me and put her head on my shoulder.

Last night I orchestrated an... orchestra... in my head. Well there was an orchestra, and a generic pop singer, and their songs were overlapping and mingling and there was a music video and everything. The music video was secondary to the sound (or even tertiary, it was really more of a background on which to present the sound). AND IT WAS REALLY LOUD. I don't understand these auditory dreams sometimes, they just seem so odd since in real life I am much more visually focused. And when I wake up from auditory dreams as I did with this one, LOUD auditory hallucinations persisted into my waking life. I knew it wasn't "real" music but it still heard it and it was LOUD. Did I mention LOUD?

Do you guys get dreams that utilize other senses besides vision?

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Yeah, I hear things in dreams, but I've never had a dream specifically focused on sound nor have I continued to hear anything after I've woken up.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:Do you guys get dreams that utilize other senses besides vision?

I've dreamt seemingly original music on a couple of occasions, and that's generally been just as I was coming to, so an auditory after-image lingered for a few seconds, before dissipating infuriatingly into the aether. I don't think my dreams are usually very visually vivid, incidentally. From what I remember of them, they're pretty vague and lacking in aesthetic detail – it's more about my knowledge of the situation than my experience of its physical nature. From what I remember, anyway.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Nyperold » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:44 pm

I frequently hear and feel things, and sometimes taste. I don't remember ever having smelled anything in a dream, though.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:47 am

I'm very rarely aware of auditory dreams, but years ago, when I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out, just as I was about to wake up from the anesthesia, I swear I heard a Patti Smith song that didn't exist in real life. It was wonderful, but once I awoke, I couldn't remember any of it (probably because I felt very sick the rest of the day).
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Skimba » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 am

Not trying to bag on the pain factor, but that story is hilarious bpm!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 am

Skimba wrote:Not trying to bag on the pain factor, but that story is hilarious bpm!

It was almost worth the pain and the nausea to hear that song...Now if only I could remember it.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above