The Dream Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 am

A few nights ago, I dreamed that we took our dog to Mexico with us, and that while attending some kind of entertainment in a large, grassy outdoor venue, we had him off leash and he took off and I couldn't find him. I was distraught, and Hubby was busy somewhere else and didn't know the dog was missing, and no one else spoke English and I was trying, with my limited Spanish, to get someone--family members, children, strangers--to help me look for him.

I think later in the dream, Hubby found him, but I might have just been editing my dream for a happier ending. Does anyone else ever do that? :)
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby fanelian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:09 pm

On sunday morning I had a dream that there were escalators that took you across the border. There were several and you took the one that left you nearest to the location you wanted to visit in the city across the border from mine. So I took my dog to be photographed there and left him at the photographer's while I went back home and then had to go back to buy some flowers for a wedding and when I got back home again, I found a note from the photographer that said that my dog had escaped and she couldn't remember if his name was "Pepo" or something else (The note had a sequence of drawings showing how you draw a dog, like in a tutorial). I got really distressed that she could not remember his name because it meant she might see him, read his name tag and let him go thinking it wasn't the one. So I Yelled my dog's name in hte hopes for him to come to me, but a white dog came instead. I read this dog's name tag and it said "Nany". I then crossed the border again and proceeeded to insert my credit card into a public phone and started dialing "760..." I know I dialed an entire phone number, but I can't remember the rest now. And then I woke up.

I liked this dream because I was able to read the word "pepo" (which is actually the nickname of one of my friends) and recognize the drawing sequence in the note, I read the name tag in that other dog (which coincidentally, is the nick name of a person I know), and using the number "760", which is actually the area code for the city across the border from where I live.

Now, this morning I dreamed I was at a U2 concert, in an open area, and my friend had booked seats for us in some kind of airplane-like cabins where we could spend the night, but I couldn't find mine. She wasn't with me and all I had was my seat number, which I had memorized. My seat was 304. But I went up and down a lot of times and couldn't find it and started thinking maybe it was 334 instead, but no luck. Turned out my bastard friend had taken my seat, so everytime I went and looked it was occupied so I though it wasn't mine (apparently I couldn't recognize her either). The concert started and I was still looking for my seat. I could hear "With or without you".
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm

I had the weirdest, most vivid series of dreams last night.

First off, I was slowly walking through a neighborhood that was full of gigantic, imposing houses and was shrouded in fog. I was planning on visiting my friend, but I knew that it was too early to stop by her house, so I just began wandering around. I became aware of two really tall guys walking some yards ahead of me, and they split up so that I would have to walk between them. Worried, I moved off to the side to avoid them. Then I stopped between two industrial-looking building to call my friend, when I saw that one of the guys was lurking nearby. I yelled at him, "Hey, you! Get out of here!" and it looked like he was backing away. I finished typing my friend's number in, but as I walked around the corner the guy was right in front of me. Fade to black.

My next dream was a continuation of the first, and I was aware that I had been kidnapped but was now free. I was part of a team trying to investigate and take down a massive kidnapping-ring, and our leader was David Mitchell. The two men who had followed me were just the muscle of the organization; the ring-leader was some skinny, put-together looking man. He also had a woman who followed him around and adored him. As part of our scheme to dismantle their criminal empire, I had to go to a formal dance (possibly prom) with the head guy. We were sitting on a bench outside the main hall, when David Tenant walked out. I let out an audible gasp, and he awkwardly said hello to us and thanked us for being fans, then hurriedly left. At some point we all ended up in a big tent (like for a wedding or a circus), where David Mitchell, detective-style, laid out the evidence against the skinny guy, and we were able to arrest everyone.

Then in my final dream, I was working at a Catholic boarding school, where all the other teachers were nuns and they seemed to resent me. Most of them had many pupils, but I only had one: a shy little girl with big glasses and an attractive but overbearing mother. For some reason, I spent but very little time with her, but decided instead to go visit my childhood home. Everything was covered in spider webs (tons of vivid, vivid spider webs) and actual spiders which I had to knock out of the way with whatever I found lying around. I made my way through the entire house to my old bedroom, where I went to sleep. I woke up back at the boarding school. When some of the nuns started snidely remarking that I never taught my pupil, I decided to try and connect with the girls. So I went to go talk to them, even though my student wasn't actually among them, and they seemed thrilled to have the attention.

Then I woke up.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 am

I had a dream that I was browsing this website. We were still waiting for the current telepictionary to finish, and then Loofs decided to start a new one and everyone got in a huff because the current one wasn't finished. Then I had to log off because it was bedtime. I woke up this morning and logged on hoping to snag a spot and just realised this was a dream...
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Hahaha...fantastic! Well, if I don't hear from either Quetz or ZP by Monday - I just may send it to you to finish up. Or Ponder. Or your mom. Or jvz. Who knows?
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Last night I dreamt I went shopping with an elf.

Not the kind that work for Santa and want to be dentists. Not the relatively tall (for elves) Tolkien / D&D kind. Not the one from Schlock Mercenary. No, a regular elf like the ones from old folk tales - small (though this one was still a bit taller than that, maybe four feet or so), hard to understand to us mortals and with alien emotions, though fortunately the "not cruel or spiteful" type at least; I don't know if the shopping trip actually took years when it only felt like it was an hour or something, but that's always a possibility. She did buy a bow, though, so I guess that goes with the D&D thing... though she also wanted playing cards, I don't know why. I don't pretend to try and understand the whims of the fair folk; that way lies madness.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

Sounds Dresden-y.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Last night I dreamt that I took a class in college called Social Studies (but it was not like the traditional idea of SS where you learn history, we spent the entire time learning about modern culture like internet memes). I was loving the class until it came time to take the final exam, and all the questions were about the quantum states of electrons (1. How many quantum states does a Ytterbium molecule pass through if all of its electrons are paired with X-Alphakeratonen 12-15 in a multi-axis scale?) The teacher told me that all of this was in the textbook that I was supposed to read, but she liked me and wanted me to pass so she helped me through the test, which involved me using crayons to color a picture at one point. Afterwards, President Obama and the First Lady landed on the school lawn in their helicopter, and since all the other students were long gone, I decided to go meet with them. Michelle Obama looked like a severely allergic beesting victim, as she was lumpy and swollen. And white. I remember trying to overlook her obvious deformity and commented on how tall she was, then realized I was taller than her and knew I'd offended her. Obama was talking to my teacher in the meantime. This is about the time I was woken up.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Zombie Protestor wrote:Last night I dreamt that I took a class in college called Social Studies (but it was not like the traditional idea of SS where you learn history, we spent the entire time learning about modern culture like internet memes). I was loving the class until it came time to take the final exam, and all the questions were about the quantum states of electrons (1. How many quantum states does a Ytterbium molecule pass through if all of its electrons are paired with X-Alphakeratonen 12-15 in a multi-axis scale?) The teacher told me that all of this was in the textbook that I was supposed to read, but she liked me and wanted me to pass so she helped me through the test, which involved me using crayons to color a picture at one point. Afterwards, President Obama and the First Lady landed on the school lawn in their helicopter, and since all the other students were long gone, I decided to go meet with them. Michelle Obama looked like a severely allergic beesting victim, as she was lumpy and swollen. And white. I remember trying to overlook her obvious deformity and commented on how tall she was, then realized I was taller than her and knew I'd offended her. Obama was talking to my teacher in the meantime. This is about the time I was woken up.

This is my kind of dream! I like your brains.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am

Gotta type this out before I forget it

In my dreams last night, I was a zombie. All my friends and family were zombies. The day after I turned into a zombie I was very exhausted, sluggish, could barely talk. The following day, I was cognitively intact and in much better shape, but by then I realised my friends and I were all captured by a zombie slave master (slave mistress?). She was making us put on a musical. She was very mean; whenever we would mess up she would feed us a piece of our OWN brain, which is repulsive to a zombie. You want OTHER people's LIVE brains! I convinced her not to feed me my own brains by noting that she was going to cut out my left hemisphere language regions, meaning I would not be able to understand her verbal instructions for the musical, nor could I speak/sing my lines, which would render me useless.

Anyways I remember one part in the musical where we formed a tractor shape out of our bodies, and while that was happening two other zombies did the famous lift from Grease. That lift was our cue to escape en masse. Us tractor zombies began to roll over our zombie slave master. Suddenly I was alone with my boyfriend, still zombies, in a dark room with a radioactive sewer hole beside us. We though we would try having sex, zombie style, but then were afraid certain appendages would break off. So we ate a banana instead. Y WE NO EAT BRAINS?!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Hahahaha, oh my god, glorious!
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I had a dream about playing an 8-bit style flash game about Spamusement that one of us had made: You got to pick your character, where the choices included different spamusers and spamuser-created characters of note, and I got to be myself. Oddly I think 90% of it was spamusement "in-jokes" that don't actually exist, like a mini-game involving Katy M having to try on a lot of shoes... because you know Katy M and her love of trying on shoes. The one part of it that was pretty great is that the boss for one level was a pair of guys in trench coats, just standing there, while some woman was looking on in the background. I couldn't hurt the trenchcoat guys no matter hard I tried, so out of frustration I attacked the bystander lady instead - she fell to the ground, the trenchcoat guys walked over to her, the one in front knelt down in a familiar pose, and there was a short cutscene where one just said "heart attack". After that I had beaten the level, apparently.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 pm

SOMEONE MAKE THIS GAME. :D
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:16 pm

buahahahhah awesome

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 am

Quetz, that was fantastic. Surely someone can do this. ::consistent grin::
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Clueless » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh, man. Now I can't stop thinking about how to actually make such a game. I- I think it might actually be possible. not sure though...
Null wrote:I think it's a parallel to "Nero fiddles while Rome burns."

"The Emperor air-guitars while his realm atomizes."

:D :wink:
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:48 pm

I like the idea of something like WarioWare or the minigames in Pokemon Stadium. KatyM's shoe blitz! Dusk's Drink a Whole Bottle of Wine Challenge! We need more.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Nyperold » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:26 am

Clueless wrote:Oh, man. Now I can't stop thinking about how to actually make such a game. I- I think it might actually be possible. not sure though...

ntw3001 wrote:I like the idea of something like WarioWare or the minigames in Pokemon Stadium. KatyM's shoe blitz! Dusk's Drink a Whole Bottle of Wine Challenge! We need more.

Dooo iiitt
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 am

ntw3001 wrote:KatyM's shoe blitz! Dusk's Drink a Whole Bottle of Wine Challenge! We need more.

Judas Maccabeus and Mr. Gregory Hats Present: Hatstravaganza!
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

I tried finding a post I made suggesting games that someone could make, including StevenF's server madness, where he has to reconnect the servers within a time limit while avoiding obstacles. I have no idea where it is though.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:KatyM's shoe blitz! Dusk's Drink a Whole Bottle of Wine Challenge! We need more.

Judas Maccabeus and Mr. Gregory Hats Present: Hatstravaganza!

Binkatron's Bionic Bonanza! (a mix-and-match game, replace your human's body parts/organs with superior robo-bits)

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 am

Swap the tapir by ntw3001
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:32 am

Jvcc's Jolly Jigsaw?

Why do so few words that pertain to me start with the letter J?
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

jvcc wrote:Jvcc's Jolly Jigsaw?

Why do so few words that pertain to me start with the letter J?

Jvcc's Jubilant Jelly! Think Katamari damaci, but instead of a ball that rolls things up to get bigger, there is jello that absorbs items to grow and eventually it can glorp up the UNIVERSE! The OMNIVERSE! The ALL THE THINGS!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above