Video Game Stuff

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: Video Game Stuff

Postby IanC » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:08 pm

*poke*

Completed Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which was a fun entry in the series, though it suffers from "early game" syndrome, ie it forces a bunch of features into the game so it can show off the Vitas functions (touch screen, rear touch, motion sensor, camera). Hope they carry on and do a sequel though.

Also completed Borderlands 2 main story, which was freakin' AWESOME and now im working my way through the DLC (already finished Captain Scarlet and Her Pirate's Booty, and started Torgue's Campaign of Carnage)

And some mini reviews!

Duck Tales Remastered - Lush. Fun. Nostalgic. Ear worm. BUY IT!

Pokémon Rumble U - Surprisingly good. Fun. BAsic, in a good way. Buy it* (*if you like Pokémon)
Last edited by IanC on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Borderlands 2 was indeed great. I'm on the second play-through with my buddy with the amped-up baddies and it's worth a go too :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 pm

I didn't really get along with Borderlands 2 even though it's the same as the first game, which I loved. Maybe I missed playing specifically as Roland. There's another similar character, who is muscular and white and blond and named Axton and his wife is maybe dead? Or alive? I can't remember; I forget things that are completely boring.

In any case, I picked it up again and rather enjoyed it this time! I felt a bit less like I was getting dragged around huge, empty snow fields in order to fire useless guns at whatever (I got bored early on in the game). Anyway, I'm now too busy to play. Sorry Borderlands 2; I'll probably give you some of my time in the future!
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby MysticalDescent » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Borderlands 2 was quite good. I played as Axton, but I didn't like him as much as Roland. Then again, the original game was very heavily tilted in favour of Mordecai, so it's nice to have a soldier character who's actually pretty good.
MysticalDescent

Postby James » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 pm

In theory both Borderlands games were fine, but I found it very easy to lose interest in each of them. I had no real desire to progress through the story or the missions, and the pure pursuit of loot didn't really grab me.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 am

I find it very hard to finish a game these days.. I also find it very hard to give a toss about the new consoles coming out.
I've decided I might build a PC inside one of these and hook it up to my TV.
I don't suppose anyone here has had much experience with Windows 8 media centre stuff have they?
The idea is: Why get a console if I can just run Steam in big screen mode on my plasma?
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Im (re)playing BioShock. I say replaying because i got so far in it on the 360 but never got round to completing it, and the Mac versions of BioShock and BioShock 2 for £6.49 each.

So far im remember bits of it, but not that much (lol). Just got up to the crazy artist guy.

Anyone seen this KickStarter?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... ighty-no-9
Its a new game by the creator of Mega Man. Its already funded now, and looks set to easily reach its console release target ($2.5 million). Once it looks certain to come to Mac ($1.35 million) im going to throw some money at it...

(which will make it my second/third kick-starter. I say second/third, since i helped fund Tenticle Bento after it got withdrawn from KickStarter by some idiots getting all offended over it... and my actual first was Warmachine: Tactics)
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 pm

The following is a true story, not just an excuse for a pun.

Not just an excuse for a pun.

So I was playing Civilization Revolution as the Americans. I took the Arab capital, having sent an army there by ship. Next, I took the Aztec capital from a hill right beside it. I then realized I could have done that in the opposite order...

...from the hills of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am

chrismachine

Postby IanC » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Finished Bioshock. Wow. Final boss was... disappointing, but the ending (i free the little sisters) was powerful as hell. Wow.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:33 pm

I never got round to beating the last boss because he was too terrible. The rest of the game was pretty decent though.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby IanC » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Hes easy really. Just hit him with the right Plasmid depending on what he's doing, and shoot him to bits with a gun. Any really.

Found fighting Big Daddies harder than him tbh.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Hey look at that, a "Returning user bonus" for Hockey Ultimate team! *click*

"You have been disconnected from the EA servers."

I love EA.
chrismachine

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 pm

IanC wrote:Hes easy really. Just hit him with the right Plasmid depending on what he's doing, and shoot him to bits with a gun. Any really.

Found fighting Big Daddies harder than him tbh.

It wasn't the difficulty, just the extreme badness. The reason I didn't beat him the one time I fought him was because he kept summoning splicers, which it turns out are highly bullet-resistant on hard mode. Spend ten minutes whacking splicers to bits with a wrench, thirty seconds shooting the boss, and the prize is... more splicers! There is no possible ending that could have made it worthwhile.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby IanC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 am

Completed Wind Waker HD yesterday. Forgot how good the last boss fights were, and that ending was amazing (its only the second time i have completed Wind Waker).
And Gannondorf getting a sword stuck downhis head/neck. Youch. Interesting to note that according to the timeline, Gannondorf does not reappear after Wind Waker in that timeline (the Adult Link one). He reappears both in the Child one, and in the Lose one.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 am

GAAAMES

I spent ages playing Batman - Arkham City recently. I stopped playing it on the Xbox because it was so buggy.
I really enjoyed it. Especially when I got the Dark Knight Returns skin, so I looked like grizzled ole Batgramps beating up hoodlums.
Cannot be fucked doing all the Riddler things, though. Maybe one day.
I bought the ridiculously named Batman - Arkham Origins, but stopped playing it because it was so buggy.

ALSO
Have we talked about Campo Santo here?
So many good people involved. It's like someone decided to do a mash up of awesome internet people.
I hope it is monumentally successful.

Let's see.. what else? Oh Spelunky daily challenges are a thing I find myself doing. I am awful at the game, but that doesn't seem to stop me.

GTAV was enjoyable. I really enjoyed Michael's "story".. and the prettiness. Good job on the prettiness, Rockstar.

Papers, Please utterly depressed me. I played it until I got a relatively upbeat ending and stopped.

With all the talk of a Fallout 4, I'm considering playing Fallout:New Vegas again, but I don't know if I can be bothered going through it all.

I am geeking out about Star Citizen and have bought a Freelancer Pack. I may also need to buy some sort of retro early 90s JOYSTICK YEAH BOII
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Dusk wrote:Have we talked about Campo Santo here?

No, but I've been thinking about it pretty hard.

Dusk wrote:I am geeking out about Star Citizen and have bought a Freelancer Pack.

I can never remember whether I've bought into that at all. I think I might have held off pending a PC upgrade which might never happen. I was planning on doing it next year, but now I might launch myself down a stupid camera abyss instead. One that involves spending lots of money but not actually getting any better at photography.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Completed The Wonderful 101 today.
Last boss is epicly epic. Its like Bayonetta meets Gurren Lagann, then times that by 2.

Oh Platinum Games. I do wonder how they are going to top this with Bayonetta 2....
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Dusk wrote:I am geeking out about Star Citizen and have bought a Freelancer Pack. I may also need to buy some sort of retro early 90s JOYSTICK YEAH BOII

I bought a joystick several years ago and have never got any real use out of it. It's a shame because joysticks are pretty cool. I bought it to play X3, but it was quite bad* so I didn't play it much.

*It actually still sounds like exactly the kind of game I want to play, but I suspect those reports come from people who have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on it, and have therefore managed to get close to the end of the tutorial. It's not the length of the game that's an issue; it's the fact that you move veeery veeery slooowlyyy. When I had to jump across systems, I would point my spaceship at the warp gate on the other side, crank up to max speed (about 260mph if I remember correctly), and go and make dinner. How do people play this game?
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Dusk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:15 am

James wrote:
Dusk wrote:Have we talked about Campo Santo here?

No, but I've been thinking about it pretty hard.

I will support these guys in absolutely anything they do.. I hope it's amazing.
I downloaded Unity.. another thing I will look at from time to time and never fully learn or master. Sigh.

Dusk wrote:I am geeking out about Star Citizen and have bought a Freelancer Pack.

I can never remember whether I've bought into that at all. I think I might have held off pending a PC upgrade which might never happen. I was planning on doing it next year, but now I might launch myself down a stupid camera abyss instead. One that involves spending lots of money but not actually getting any better at photography.[/quote]
I was hooked from the very beginning, constantly reading the website/forums.. but then life got in the way and I forgot about it for a few months and didn't end up getting in on the ground floor.. So I missed out on the fish tank. :?
I intend to have a lot of fun with this game. It looks cool.. Like something I would have killed for a decade ago.. but is only possible now. So I sunk a bit of money into it and if any spamusers get on there, make sure you say hi.. Unless I'm on an Oceanic server by myself. :(

IanC wrote:Completed The Wonderful 101 today.

That game looks utterly insane.. and hard.

By the way, The Steam sale is on at the moment and GUNPOINT is on sale for something like $3 or $4. I highly recommend it.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Dusk wrote:
IanC wrote:Completed The Wonderful 101 today.

That game looks utterly insane.. and hard.

It is, to both.

I played it on normal and died a fair few times.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby James » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Dusk wrote:By the way, The Steam sale is on at the moment and GUNPOINT is on sale for something like $3 or $4. I highly recommend it.

I second this. Gunpoint is a great little game that allows for all sorts of amusing creative problem solving, and the story of its making is pretty feel-good to boot (gaming press guy with zero experience makes game in free time over several years; game is huge success).
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Its Steam sale time again. Eek.

Ive bought 4 already, which is more than the last sale. Bioshock Infinite, Another World, The Stanley Parable and Lilly Looking Through.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 pm

thanks for the heads up on bioshock infinite! i've been waiting to buy that one since it came out :)
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby James » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Get The Stanley Parable. It's a delight.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above