Video Game Stuff

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: Video Game Stuff

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Have you done the co-op as well? If you can get someone to play with then I recommend it, it's just a nice extra bit to add onto the story line.
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 am

Probably going to see if I can interest the wife. Is couch co-op supported? I imagine split screen would be terribly hard to use.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:50 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:Probably going to see if I can interest the wife. Is couch co-op supported? I imagine split screen would be terribly hard to use.

Split screen isn't bad. Though I can't really remember what type it was. I think it was standard top-bottom.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby IanC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:52 pm

It was left/right when i tried it. IIRC.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Meanwhile, in Alice: Madness Returns, things lined up just right: my getting to where I needed to be, the exact direction I was facing (so that, after centering the camera behind Alice, I only needed to change...), the vertical angle, neither overshooting nor undershooting, and the swiftness with which I, scarcely believing it, was able to start holding down the fire button for the Pepper Grinder.

So I'm farther along. I'm trying to beat this one Radula Room that has Menacing Ruins (thankfully, only one at first) and Eyepots (thankfully, only two at first), but once I get past the first wave -- if I manage it -- it isn't long before I lose to the second.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 pm

So Duke Nukem Forever feel in price to a level that i felt is cheap enough for me to take a chance on. Was going to hold of playing it till I get a new Mac (Friday hopefully) but i had a go today and it runs surprisingly well, considering the age of my iMac.

Okay its quite jaggy, but frame rate is good.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:59 pm

The context of that screengrab makes "apartment customization" seem like a euphemism.

My mom made my brother and I throw that game out when we were kids.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby IanC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 pm

You had a game that came out this year when you were younger? :P

I took the pic in the multiplayer "your pad" thing, which has a bunch of rewards you earn from playing the MP mode.

Since i only played it for the first time today, she was the only thing in the apartment. Yes, you unlock other women to place in your pad. I know. But its the Duke, its going to be sexist.
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EsBe » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Wonderful memories of playing around with the Build editor for hours on end. I would usually end up making such huge levels that it would break the engine somehow during gameplay. As in, a hall of mirrors effect appearing myseriously in an innocuous corridor for reasons unknown.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby IanC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Best loading screen hint ever -
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm

You're not in a position to be doing any fighting with morningwood.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

So I finally bought Borderlands again after renting it when it first came out and getting stuck the first time around, and it turns out I wasn't paying attention to quest difficulty. Love using Mordecai, except I'm a little disappointed that sniping is fairly ineffective in this game, at least a lot more so than in, say, Fallout: New Vegas, where sniping is amazing. Speaking of New Vegas, I like sneaking around and Borderlands just doesn't have that mechanic and it bothers me. Nevertheless, the top tier Sniper talent works amazingly nice with a corrosive machine gun (chance to ignore shields, bonus bullet damage) and the game is really fun. Skagzilla was a royal PITA, though.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:53 am

I liked being the soldier, with all the skills and such to have a machine gun with a 200+ bullet clip. Bosses are not a problem. Heart Borderlands.

The gunslinger tree with Mordecai is pretty fun.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Nyperold » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 pm

I used to have Duke Nukum and Duke Nukem II. More accurately, they're probably still around somewhere, but unless you have an old machine or something, you're not playing it.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 am

I got borderlands a few months ago for the first time and have farted around with it somewhat. It was enjoyable going into rage mode with my huge black guy and smashing some face.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 pm

I never beat Crawmerax the Invincible, right at the very end of the last DLC, the name of which escapes me.
MysticalDescent

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Neither did I, but I never deigned to team up wiith anyone. Who needs friends?
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:28 am

jvcc wrote:You're not in a position to be doing any fighting with morningwood.

Just the name "Morningwood" cracks me up. :oops:
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Finished Borderlands using Mordecai. Final fight had to be done basically the way all boss fights have to be done using Mordecai - find a way to glitch it out and hose it with sniper bullets. For the final fight it was "Stand where its own tentacle is blocking its eye laser and shoot at the eye."
Zombie Protestor

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:24 am

Yeah, I didn't especially care for sniper Mordecai.

Roland's boss strategy is more along the lines of 'scope, hold down M1 for a minute and a half, reload, repeat'. General Knoxx was fun, the first few times. Now I sort of wish all the enemies would go away because they're an annoying barrier I've already overcome; what Borderlands really needs is a portal directly to Knoxx's armoury. Forget the shooting guys, just let me look at guns!

Okay, the actual thing it needs is a decent arena mode. The Moxxi DLC does not cut it in the least. I want something fun to use my guns for!
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:33 am

The Moxxi DLC was very, very frustrating, on account of it requiring about 6 hours of playtime to complete one of the bigger challenges. I didn't complete any of the bigger challenges.
MysticalDescent

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:53 am

Haven't gotten any of the DLC yet. Probably will.
Zombie Protestor

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:16 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:The Moxxi DLC was very, very frustrating, on account of it requiring about 6 hours of playtime to complete one of the bigger challenges. I didn't complete any of the bigger challenges.

With no saving! Was there pausing? I forget. Completion was less about overcoming difficulty (there was very little) and more about overcoming boredom (there was a lot). I didn't complete any either.

So, the verdict on DLC:

Zombie Isle of Dr. Ned: Worthwhile. Zombies are fun to fight, and there is plenty of funny. Three and a half stars.

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot: A decent diversion, but not actually particularly good. Two stars. Plus, it's the only place to access a bank so you'll probably find yourself buying it anyway. So, one star.

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx: The best one. Very funny, lots of things, ends with a timed run through a room full of crates (which can be glitched and run infinite times, with no time limit). Four and a half stars.

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution: Pretty good overall; kind of up and down. Lots of fun stuff, lots of boring stuff. Three stars.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:43 pm

There was a fourth DLC? When did that happen? I knew nothing about that.
MysticalDescent

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:07 pm

It was in the past, back amongst the other thingss that happened. A good few months ago now.
ntw3001
Group Captain

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above