Art prompts

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

Okie SYG. I would have given you a more pleasant prompt, had I psychic powers. Unfortunately I leased those powers out to satan awhile ago. OR DID I? No.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:31 am

Well, you could arrange the letters of ANGST into STANG. And make some kind of hommage to Arnold Stang.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby James » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:49 am

Or you could take artistic licence one step further and use STANK as your inspiration.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:09 am

Or GNATS. dang gnats. Or TANGs, like many many buckets of tang. Ew.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:23 am

Or you could write a story along these lines:

"A normal guy shouldn't talk," Andrew now grumbled softly to Anna. No good, she thought. Andrew never gambles such things.
Null

Postby Veepa » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:27 pm

btw, You guys can prompt me again. I can do another song.. (preferably not about another food), or draw something.. or something.
Long live the new flesh.
Veepa
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Null wrote:Or you could write a story along these lines:

"A normal guy shouldn't talk," Andrew now grumbled softly to Anna. No good, she thought. Andrew never gambles such things.

eh, it's been done before
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby EvilJekyll » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:43 pm

I prompt Veepa to draw himself as a Norse god on a pedestal, with other made up Norse god statues around him.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:41 pm

I want to write a poem that tells a story.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Null » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Are you asking for a subject for this poem, or...?
Null

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Correct. But nothing like "Write a story from a taco's point of view."
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Null » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:20 pm

What sort of conditions are you looking (or not looking) for?
Null

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 pm

You pick. You could say, "Write about a trip to the zoo" or "Write a poem that tells a story and each word has to begin with the letter the word that preceded it ended with, and the first word of the poem has to start with the letter that the last word of the poem ended with." Actually, that second one sounds fun.

EDIT: I'm trying it and it's really hard to do. Give me something else.
Zombie Protestor

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm

how about: write a poem in iambic trimeter about running errands
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby James » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:16 am

sum yun gai wrote:eh, it's been done before

And? Just because they've been done before, it doesn't make these exercises less interesting or challenging. For example, there are several lipogrammatic novels. Whether they're any fun to read is another question, but the fact that something's been done before doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

Not that I have any preference for that suggestion. I just think your objection is ridiculous.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Altair IV » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Just to update, my illustration is coming along slowly but surely. I got the basic layout sketch done, then blocked up and set it aside for a week. I can't seem to get what's in my head to appear on the canvas.

Also, it's turning out to be much harder to draw with the tablet than I originally thought it would. While it's great for detailed touch-up work, I've discovered that it's not as good as I had imagined for freehand drawing. It's the whole hand-eye coordination thing. I probably just need more practice.

I'll probably need a few more weeks to get this done.
"Guilty! Guilty! My evil self is at that door, and I have no power to stop it!"
Altair IV
Saves up to 75% on Inkjet Cartridges

Postby Null » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Drawing with a tablet takes some practice. The "disconnect" between having the pen move along a surface but the drawing appears elsewhere can be confusing. But if you stick to it you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.
Null

Postby Altair IV » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm already better than when I first started. It's just kind of frustrating though right now not to be able to just sketch out what I want quickly.

One habit I'm having trouble breaking is that I'm always wanting to move and rotate the tablet itself as if it were a piece of paper. But of course that just makes it even worse.

Still, it is better than trying to do the same thing with the mouse, and the varying pressure ability makes effects possible that I couldn't do before.
"Guilty! Guilty! My evil self is at that door, and I have no power to stop it!"
Altair IV
Saves up to 75% on Inkjet Cartridges

Postby fanelian » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:07 pm

OK. I have been busy lately and didn't want to enter this so as to not having someone waiting for ages.

I can... Draw and maybe write a short story in my limited edition English. I can also try and do something with paper and glue, as in a collage.

Ooh! I can also do webpages!
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Use collage to make a fitness manual for some kind of household thing, like a trash can or a broom. It would be an exercise manual on how to stay in shape, what kind of diet to follow, etc.
Null

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:25 pm

I can has CHALENJ?

I'd like to do another of those poem-story things.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Null » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm

A poem using alternative verses told from two viewpoints: the first is from a guy mowing the lawn who's really enthusiastic about doing a thorough job. The second is from the point of view of the grass, who are equally thrilled to be mown, and are holding a concert to celebrate.
Null

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Awesome.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Portals » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm

May I have a story prompt? I'd like to add story-writing to my skills... I forgot to mention it earlier.
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:51 pm

You might write a story about a thread on a forum started by someone, oh, call him VAMPIRESEEKER, about "Art Prompts" (prompts for art, not the famous jazz drummer) and who then TOTALLY ABANDONS the thread. How would the thread feel? Would other threads look down smugly at it, or would they try to get some posts for the poor thread? Also, put in something about how threads hate tiny text.
Null

PreviousNext

Return to We're Totally Artists