Unfinished Works

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.

Re: Unfinished Works

Postby PonderThis » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 am

Sorry, Bogey, another non-Lost watcher here. But hey, don't be discouraged! You never know sometimes what'll hit and what'll miss but that shouldn't stop you from trying. :)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Bogey wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:It's Lost, but I may not be getting the reference because all I know about Lost...

So you didn't see the Lost series finale? My bad; I thought my original audience had seen it, due to the forum topic. Here, not so much, but -- nobody? :o

Next time I get an idea like this, I'll just take another walk about the block instead.

I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I can gather, to have encountered at least four people on the same forum who don't watch Lost just makes you spectacularly unfortunate in your choice of audience.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes, I have never seen one episode of Lost.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby jvcc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I watched the first series pretty religiously, but by about the third I became sick of it.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby fanelian » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:33 pm

I started this to have something to use for one of those facebook tests, and got carried away into something kind of "meaty" but left it unfinished, as most of the writing stuffs I do.

Any word chosing that seems off goes on my "english is a second language for me" card... right?
----

The bitterness of the hot summer wind, felt like the aftertaste of the catastrophic events that had transpired since she left the place. That place that she had been so close to call theirs, and that now not only couldn't she bring herself to call his only, but would like to prented that it had ceased to exist altogether. A complete block gone from the city, just because she couldn't stand the tought of that place being occupied by him and, most painfully, by her. There was a her now, another woman. Not a suspicion, not a ghost, but a certainty and a flesh and bone, living and breathing person that was now the object of his affection, his carsesses, his tender words, his lust.

She now walked as fast as her feet could carry her, through the city, the setting sun piercing her eyes through the tears that now started flowing. The shock had been so great that was only now, after an hour , that her tears started rolling down her cheeks, heavy and hot. Come to think about it, maybe it had been more time, but she couldn't say, everything was now a blur, an alternate reality where time was measured in emotions.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:23 am

I think Skimba knows this guy. But she won't give me his number.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:10 am

Oh hello there, sir! Care to step in for a drink? Though, it looks like you might not be able to keep your liquids inside.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Do you mean he has a hard time holding his drink? YEEHAW
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby chrismachine » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 pm

So, what's left to do on that one?
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby Null » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 am

chrismachine wrote:So, what's left to do on that one?

I don't know. Generally, these things "tell" me when they're done, if that makes sense. This one hasn't said that yet.
Null

Postby loofah » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Maybe some spooky mist in the lower portion?
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 am

Hmm...a good idea, one I had not considered. It would have to be done well, though, so as not to trigger the cliche-meter more than it is pinging now with this image. Thanks!
Null

Postby Skimba » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Null wrote:I think Skimba knows this guy. But she won't give me his number.

hahahahaha..yes. It's very well done, I'll have him look at it and let you know. (he's very secretive)
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Null » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Oil on canvas, about 28" x 22"
Null

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:26 am

The golden apple!

I love the idea of taking something that is done way too often in still-life paintings, in this case, apples, and transforming it into another realm and making it into something new and notable.

Also, after some time, the background reminded me of caramel and chocolate sticks! Maybe I am just hungry.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:00 pm

I like.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Instead of finishing the thing I was whining about in the other thread, I started a different thing. It's a comic for my Pokemans Nuzlocke run. It is playing Pokemans, except you can only catch a limited number and when they faint they're dead forever blah blah. Anyway, what these people seem to do is make comics detailing their adventures, mostly bad, occasionally good. The advantage to this over the children's book is that all the characters already know what they're supposed to look like. So, thus far I've drawn this:

It's the very beginning, in which our hero arrives at his completely flat new house in the back of a wedge-shaped van.

The main lesson I have not learned is not to spend so ridiculously long on a single frame that you don't draw any others. Also, to plan the comic on a frame-by-frame basis from the start rather than assuming the opening will just take care of itself. While this is an unfinished work, I'm putting it in this thread more as pre-emptive move. On the plus side, the way I've shaded this is probably much easier to replicate than the children's book.

In addition, orange on blue is exactly as nauseating as I'd anticipated.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Previous

Return to We're Totally Artists