i bought some blank t-shirts

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.

i bought some blank t-shirts

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 pm

and i want to paint on them, i have black and white fabric paint, which in theory means i also have many shades of gray. one is green, one is purple. give me ideas.

normally i just paint stars and gary numan quotes, i need a change though. i'll post pictures when done.

if i get enough ideas i'll go buy more shirts. i like custom shirts.
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Put stevenf's version of I was always embarrassed, but not now on the front and yours on the back!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 pm

PonderThis wrote:Put stevenf's version of I was always embarrassed, but not now on the front and yours on the back!

hehe, i like it. but, i'm very bad at recreating things, so not sure how well it'll work out.

what the heck. shirts are cheap. we'll give it a go!

still need some more ideas for when i fail though
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby loofah » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm

You could print it out on a transparency (or draw on one, with the transparency stuck over the computer screen) and stick a light above it, so the shadow of the design shines onto the tshirt. Does that make any sense?
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm

loofah wrote:You could print it out on a transparency (or draw on one, with the transparency stuck over the computer screen) and stick a light above it, so the shadow of the design shines onto the tshirt. Does that make any sense?

it does, but that is like, twelve too many steps for me to want to. i just gridded it on the screen and am doing a grid copy.
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

k. got lines down. now gotta wait for it to dry, wash it to remove the black ink i sketched it with, add all the whites and greys, let it dry again, touch up the line work, and then do it all on the back.

.... also, unrelated, picture of boyfriend with a bunny.

KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Hooray!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:53 pm

That's a really good recreation of the comic.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby loofah » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Nice work, katy!
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Portals » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 pm

That's really cool. I can't wait to see how it'll look when it's done. :D
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:02 pm

i wish i had a better camera.

well, got my main shading blocks down. now i'm going to go to my boyfriends so we can wake up and spend our day off together. then i have work for three days, open to close. then if i'm really, really lucky, i'll have free time again on monday.

so, no more work on it until either monday or tuesday. :( stupid busy schedule.
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 pm

KatyM wrote:boyfriend

is this a new one? i thought you said you had broken up last time you were here? o_O

uh, not that i'm keeping track or anything, but your breakup was close to mine so it stuck in my head....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby KatyM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:53 pm

new one. i do that sometimes. this one likes holding hands though! you will recognize him in any art by the hat.
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Jemry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:06 am

I don't mind if you steal this idea but I've always wanted to have a shirt that had "QUIT READING MY SHIRT YOU PRICK" in large letters. I have too many humorous t-shirts that everyone stops me to read.
http://www.myspace.com/jemry C WHUT I DID THAR. I'M SO DECEPTIVE.

Chrono Crow wrote:I love Jemry.

Jemry
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Chrono Crow » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 am

Jemry wrote:I don't mind if you steal this idea but I've always wanted to have a shirt that had "QUIT READING MY SHIRT YOU PRICK" in large letters. I have too many humorous t-shirts that everyone stops me to read.

It's you. Of course she'll use the idea. SHE'S INFATUATED WITH YOU.

Also, I remember you telling me about that idea. I think it's been done.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby KatyM » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah, Jemmerz, that's a bit overplayed. Seen it a thousand times.
KatyM
Makes LOLCATS

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 am

I have shirt transfers and wanted to make a shirt with General Franco on saying 'Franco says relax'. I never did it.
MysticalDescent

Postby Jemry » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:42 am

Well I've never seen it before and its relevant to me so suck my dick.
http://www.myspace.com/jemry C WHUT I DID THAR. I'M SO DECEPTIVE.

Chrono Crow wrote:I love Jemry.

Jemry
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:47 am

I don't buy word shirts. People read them and it's annoying, but THAT IS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF A WORD SHIRT they are created specifically to do something that annoys the wearer and that is a bad thing.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 pm

My first thought when I read the title of the thread was "get them wet". Sorry.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:04 pm

What I hate are the people who wear shirts with things like "It's funny that you think I'm listening." Or ANYTHING Happy Bunny. Those people need to be given the medieval treatment.

I saw a couple one day with shirts saying "Reasons why men like guns more than women:" followed my a tiny-printed list, and "Reasons why women like guns more than men:" with the same. I hate the South.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby loofah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:01 am

Chrono Crow wrote:What I hate are the people who wear shirts with things like "It's funny that you think I'm listening." Or ANYTHING Happy Bunny.
I actually had a happy bunny shirt. It said "Being in school prepares you for the real world. Which also sucks." About a month after I bought it, I saw other happy bunny stuff (I lead kind of a sheltered life, apparently). I disliked the other stuff so much, I wanted to remove the bunny part of the shirt.
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:31 am

Chrono Crow wrote:I saw a couple one day with shirts saying "Reasons why men like guns more than women:" followed my a tiny-printed list, and "Reasons why women like guns more than men:" with the same. I hate the South.

there was also a line of shirts for babies which said things like "my daddy only wanted a blow job" and other such stupid poopcakes. at first they were funny, but when people started taking them seriously it really got old real fast
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby Chrono Crow » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:34 am

loofah wrote:
Chrono Crow wrote:What I hate are the people who wear shirts with things like "It's funny that you think I'm listening." Or ANYTHING Happy Bunny.
I actually had a happy bunny shirt. It said "Being in school prepares you for the real world. Which also sucks." About a month after I bought it, I saw other happy bunny stuff (I lead kind of a sheltered life, apparently). I disliked the other stuff so much, I wanted to remove the bunny part of the shirt.

I had no idea what happy bunny even was. I saw the little images online here and there, and just thought it was some sort of internet meme. When Moni told me she used to have a happy bunny shirt, and felt awful about it, I was like "But happy bunny's cute!" then she directed me towards its origins, and I understood so well.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby James » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 am

Paint your face, but upside-down, like the shirt is a mirror.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Next

Return to We're Totally Artists