We're Totally Musical Artists

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.

We're Totally Musical Artists

Postby GregorR » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 pm

When I posted something music-related to the atopical thread, I got a complaint, so I'm posting this music-related thing here.

This weekend I discovered the magic of VSTi's, and how to use them. At long last, I made a recording of a string quartet I wrote. It's not human, but it's pretty darn good in my opinion. This is a blatant advertisement for my music!

http://codu.org/music/op11/GRegor-op11- ... uartet.ogg
http://codu.org/music/op11/GRegor-op11- ... uartet.mp3
GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Re: We're Totally Musical Artists

Postby Null » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Quite nice, lovely in spots. I think I preferred the first half or so, the latter part seemed to lose some focus (trying to do too many directions). Also, false climaxes aren't much fun when you have to pee.

Probably a note about running time would be good for future postings.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby GregorR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 am

Running time: Longer than you can hold in a wee.
GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 am

It's about eleven minutes. I liked it. I'd suggest we can try doing another spamuser collaborative music venture if people will actually do it this time.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby jvcc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 am

I have no musical taleeeeent.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Null » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Here's a rhythm thing someone could use if they wanted to. It's a little over 30 seconds long.

http://beckoningchasm.com/noise/rhythm02.mp3

Null

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:33 pm

I've been slacking off as far as doing musical things goes, but every "album" I've made can be heard here.

I've been considering writing lyrics, both because it'd be cool to, and because people at the place I'm interning have been half-jokingly talking about starting a band with me as a singer due to witnessing my karaoke antics and have in fact asked me to write some lyrics. If this did come to pass, I don't imagine it'd add up to more than a few rehearsals and maybe a one-off performance (if that), but I think it could be fun. And on my own I've been sort of wanting to do a bunch of short, lo-fi songs along the lines of this. So yeah, any advice, people who write lyrics and/or can sing worth a dang?
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby GregorR » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:05 pm

By request I wrote the theme music for SuperTuring, the newest (and best) superhero. Spider-Man may have spider powers, and Superman may have super-strength, but only SuperTuring can solve the halting problem!

http://codu.org/music/silly/superturing.ogg (or .mp3, .flac)
GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby chrismachine » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:49 pm

That was really cool, and the organ section in the middle gave me a chill in thinking back to the cathedral scenes (for some reason) from faxanadu.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 am

GregorR wrote:By request I wrote the theme music for SuperTuring, the newest (and best) superhero. Spider-Man may have spider powers, and Superman may have super-strength, but only SuperTuring can solve the halting problem!

but is he a man, or a machine? :shock: dun dun DUN!!
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby DaVince » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 pm

I've made a bunch of musical stuff that's totally free to be used by anyone for any purpose (yes, even commercial ones, not that they're good enough for that).

http://davince.tengudev.com/music/
DaVince
Makes LOLCATS

Postby DaVince » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 pm

GregorR wrote:When I posted something music-related to the atopical thread, I got a complaint, so I'm posting this music-related thing here.

This weekend I discovered the magic of VSTi's, and how to use them. At long last, I made a recording of a string quartet I wrote. It's not human, but it's pretty darn good in my opinion. This is a blatant advertisement for my music!

I actually only recently started using VSTi's too. They're pretty awesome when it comes to generating sound. :)
In fact, I got a few previously commercial but now free VSTi's for you (they were on a music software disc that came with a computer magazine). They sound pretty cool, I could upload them if you (or anyone else) like(s).

The arrangement on your song is lovely. It's obvious that the sound is computer generated, but that never bothered me in songs anyway.
DaVince
Makes LOLCATS

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 am

I am going to be rapping for an online trip hop\experimental collective of tv tropes people, despite having (almost) never previously rapped before. It'll be interesting.

Those albums of mine I linked to above are now in easy to download rar or zip format, plus a couple that aren't on that site (because Ruins Your Favorite Songs is all covers and Downstairs Music is really old and horribly recorded). Beats + Noise is the one people seem to like most.

And finally, I've just started a side project called AwESOME MOVIE SOUND NOISES!!!* where the goal is to intentionally be as irritating as possible. If you feel like being incredibly irritated and questioning my sanity, click here. The downside to having this on soundcloud is that it ruins the surprise ending.

*Yes, with three exclamation points and everything uppercase but the w. The w was a mistake I made tagging it, but I decided it somehow fit the spirit of the music and I'm going to also do that consistently with all song titles
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Anybody interested in doing a collab project? I'll play whatever's necessary. I'm interested in writing/working out songs, but if you want to do a one off thing that's cool too.
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 am

quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Null » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:38 am

I did this recently. It's about two minutes long.

http://beckoningchasm.com/noise/spacesong01.mp3
Null

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I enjoyed this. The theremin was a nice touch.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Return to We're Totally Artists