I made a comic! :)

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.

I made a comic! :)

Postby apronymaniac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Hello!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. But I did make a comic the other day! And people seem to like it! So I thought I'd better link to it here to prove that I do occasionally draw. It's about... um, maths and unixy OSes and superheroes and free software and stuff. No spam is involved.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Apparently it contains some unintentional swearing in Finnish, so if your children show signs of being Finnish (if you are not sure what the signs are, just check for an accent and ask your psychologist for a list of signs of depression), you might not want to show it to them.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: I made a comic! :)

Postby PonderThis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Hooray!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Saltine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:18 pm

I saw this on the bookface too! Good job!
--Saltine
Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby GregorR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm

The comic would have taken a much different turn if you needed help with the touch, finger and mount commands.
GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 pm

(Also, the command-line in Mac is hardly user-friendly. Its POSIX/UNIX/BSD tools are vintage 1995, the tools for messing with files with Magic Mac Metadata™ are at best limited, there's a ton of things that require the GUI no matter what, and Terminal.app is easily the worst terminal emulator ever written)
GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 pm

GregorR wrote:The comic would have taken a much different turn if you needed help with the touch, finger and mount commands.

ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby apronymaniac » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 am

GregorR wrote:(Also, the command-line in Mac is hardly user-friendly. Its POSIX/UNIX/BSD tools are vintage 1995, the tools for messing with files with Magic Mac Metadata™ are at best limited, there's a ton of things that require the GUI no matter what, and Terminal.app is easily the worst terminal emulator ever written)

Of course it isn't user-friendly in real life; it's a command line. Luckily, it isn't necessary. But in comic-land, it makes superheroes appear! You can't get much more user-friendly than that.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:29 am

apronymaniac wrote:But in comic-land, it makes superheroes appear! You can't get much more user-friendly than that.

That kind of depends on the superhero. If it's Superman he's just going to be a dick.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby apronymaniac » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:That kind of depends on the superhero. If it's Superman he's just going to be a dick.

Resplendent Man was a dick. Superman's just popular and therefore unfashionable.
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:That kind of depends on the superhero. If it's Superman he's just going to be a dick.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Return to We're Totally Artists