fish furniture

For drawings and other artwork that don't necessarily have anything to do with Spamusement.
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

fish furniture

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:55 am

it's not really a dollhouse, so i thought i would put this in its own thread rather than hijack that one. :) we have so few new threads these days after all....

so i bought a giant fish tank a year ago and had to keep it outside due to various reasons beyond my control. most notably a lack of space in my house for something 6ft x 2ft x 5ft sitting around doing nothing until i could find space for it. anyway... one thing leads to another and i end up with a moldy/mildewed stand and hood, requiring me to either (a) buy a new stand for hundreds of dollars or (b) make my own stand for hundreds of dollars. i figure since i have just enough free time to do something myself, i'll choose option (b).

i copied the old stand to build the new one. i thought i would use 2x4s for extra strength, especially since i didn't have a real plan going into this project. i thought "2x4 > 1x10" but didn't realize how much less space would be left over once i was done. you can see the old stand in the background of the second pic:

i added some facing boards on the front, back and sides so that it "looks nice":

this is what it looked like in my house after i finished staining and dragging it in:

this is the beginning of the setup process:

i had to rearrange the middle doors after i already mounted them. turns out, the giant filter i bought wouldn't fit through the 9" opening i had left myself, so i had to open it up and re-make the doors so it would fit:

and this is where the filter lives:

the local shop where i bought this gravel called it "the cadillac of gravel". i dunno if that's true but it does have a nice look to it:

after adding some rocks for decoration, and some driftwood:

and here is the absolutely done product with lights a-blazin:
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Re: fish furniture

Postby EsBe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:25 am

Sure beats the Yugo of gravel, that's for sure! :P

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Very Nice!!!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Holy cow! That looks really nice!
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Janleex0
FIRST POST LOL OMG N00B

Postby Janleex0 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:03 am

I would like to think the caption to that was "You want a piece of this cake? You gotta go through me first." I would also like to think there was a "slice of whoop-ass" joke dropped at some point.

Return to “We're Totally Artists”