The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator

Postby Nyperold » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

I've just been linked to this thing, which randomly takes two different* works and a plot element, and challenges you to write it. Whether you think fanfiction is bad simply because it's fanfiction or think there are some gems that are simply buried in heaps of trash, whether you intend to rise to its challenge or simply laugh at the possibilities, it can be pretty entertaining.

One thing to note: the "Show a new terrible idea" link currently just shows the same idea again; a normal refresh (or clicking the address bar and pressing Enter) does give you a different set.

*maybe; I don't know if there's code to keep them from being the same
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator

Postby jvcc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Matlock and FoxTrot. The story should use oral sex as a plot device!

Oh god.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby PonderThis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Quantum Leap and Snoop Dogg. The story should use alcoholism as a plot device!

I'll call it Shanizzleprize with Snoop Dogg as Captain Archizzle. Its mission is a five year party where they will drink where no man has been drunk before.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Left Behind and Around the World in 80 Days. The story should use evil characters becoming good as a plot device!

Nicolae Carpathia learns the value of love and friendship as he and "Buck" Passepartout race against the clock - only 80 days to circumnavigate the Earth before Jesus returns!
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Command & Conquer and Spongebob Squarepants. The story should use a vacation as a plot device!

I could do this if I know WTF "Command & Conquer" is. Let's try again.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Days of our Lives and Starsky and Hutch. The story should use suicide as a plot device!

Hutch falls for Dorothy who actually happens to be Starsky's long lost sister, who is actually Hutch's mom. So, he kills himself.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Animal Crossing and Silent Hill. The story should use bondage as a plot device!

:(
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Bible and I Love Lucy. The story should use hypnosis as a plot device!

Here's an excerpt:

Chapter 14: Gold, Frankincense, and Mertz wrote:"Well, see you later, Ethel," Lucy said, about to replace the phone onto its base.
"Oh!" Ethel's exclamation halted Lucy's hand. "Lucy, you still there?"
"I'm still here."
"Fred and I can pick up the goose this year if you want to bring the rest of the fixin's." Ethel's southern accent shone through in her rush to get out the words.
"We have to go to Phipp's Department Store to get Little Ricky a new drum set for Christmas, and it's not that far to Hurley's Market. We'll get the bread, and - ooh - the stuffing."
"And the yams?" Ethel asked, excitedly. Lucy was distantly aware of the phone clattering to the floor as the room started spinning.
THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORD "YAMS". THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. GO BACK THROUGH TIME.
The words of Mesmero echoed through Lucy's skull, and she was dimly aware of somebody shrieking at the top of their lungs - was it her? - as the memories of Ricky's new hypnotizing act and the memories, not hers, of another time, and another place. She could feel the straw poking through the thin wool of her cloak. She could hear the soft breathing of the mule as it shifted in the manger, trying to sleep. One more push, and the child was born. Another, and the afterbirth. Joseph was stock still. His black hair and her own brunette-dyed-red were at odds with the fair complexion and blonde hair of this little baby boy, in whose face wisdom and peace could be found. Again, this was at odds with the slowly twisting features on Joseph's face as it contorted into anger.
"Mary..." He waggled his finger at her accusingly. "You got some 'splainin' to do."
Last edited by Zombie Protestor on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Haha this is marvelous!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Doom and Dexter. The story should use anorexia as a plot device!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:Dexter

The boy scientist or the serial killer? EDIT: The killer. I just got Dexter's Laboratory as one of my matchups.

EDIT:

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Magic School Bus and Superman. The story should use aliens as a plot device!

You sure this isn't the best idea ever generator?
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Gold, Frankincense, and Mertz

I think that's my law firm. :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:08 pm

ntw3001 wrote:
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Animal Crossing and Silent Hill. The story should use bondage as a plot device!

Well hey, there's The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing...
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Bill Nye the Science Guy and Big Brother. The story should use a long lost sibling as a plot device!

Bill Nye joins the cast of Big Brother, mistakenly thinking that it's a program to reunite long lost siblings. He finds the other contestants to be so bereft of dignity and intelligence that he by the second day he builds a homemade bomb that levels the entire house once he is a safe distance away. Now a fugitive from the law, he hitchhikes a ride along a nearby highway with a trucker named Todd. He instantly hits it off with the trucker, a fellow who looks and sounds a lot like him, but is slightly older. When the conversation moves towards their families and childhoods, they discover that Todd is Bill's older brother who was long ago put up for adoption. They tearfully embrace and Bill relates the unfortunate circumstances of days past, and how he is now on the lam. Todd vows to protect him against all odds, and they head for the border. With a bit of charm and a lot of luck, they make it through into Mexico and continue down into South America. No one knows what really became of them, but there are tales of two American men in a remote village of Argentina who delight and awe the local children with their knowledge of science.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining 4chan and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The story should use rape as a plot device

That's about every third thread over there.
Zombie Protestor

Postby PonderThis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

That was seriously freaky. Daaaang.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Oh and jvcc: Great epic tale of Bill and Todd! :)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby chrismachine » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Nyperold wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:

Well hey, there's The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing...

I definitely just read that whole thing for the last hour or so.. that was really well done!
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby fanelian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining CSI and the Diary of Anne Frank. The story should use somebody misplacing their pants as a plot device!

:D
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:03 am

*crunch crunch crunch*
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 am

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Shaun of the Dead and Cosby Show. The story should use aliens as a plot device!

edit: even better than that!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Les Miserables and The Office. The story should use terrorism as a plot device!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Barack Obama and the Diary of Anne Frank. The story should use creepy interent fetishes as a plot device!
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby Clueless » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 am

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Odyssey and Teletubbies. The story should use becoming the President as a plot device!
Null wrote:I think it's a parallel to "Nero fiddles while Rome burns."

"The Emperor air-guitars while his realm atomizes."

:D :wink:
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

OK, now who's gonna draw the cover art for any of these?
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Skimba » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am

Man this is fun.
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Stephen King's IT and Walker, Texas Ranger. The story should use a tournament of some sort as a plot device!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Sex and the City and Street Sharks. The story should use unplanned pregnancies as a plot device!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Tarzan and Neil Patrick Harris. The story should use car accidents as a plot device!
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Pirates of the Caribbean and the National Football League. The story should use competing in a Rock Band tournament as a plot device!

I fully support anyones artwork for any of this thread, except for the first one jvcc posted....that's just wrong.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Nyperold » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Skimba wrote:Man this is fun.
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Stephen King's IT and Walker, Texas Ranger. The story should use a tournament of some sort as a plot device!

"Pennywise is able to change its form to take advantage of people's fears. Cordell Walker doesn't need to change to scare Pennywise."
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby DaVince » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Ah! My Goddess and Ninja Turtles. The story should use martial arts as a plot device!

It's so much easier to keep refreshing rather than actually writing these stories.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Home Movies. The story should use a seemingly routine day as a plot device!

A routine day on MST3k? Never!
DaVince
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Nyperold » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:06 pm

DaVince wrote:
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Ah! My Goddess and Ninja Turtles. The story should use martial arts as a plot device!

That'll set it apart from all those TMNT fics where the protagonists sit around eating pizza all day.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Next

Return to The Internets