What should be my plan

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Re: What should be my plan

Postby jvcc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Are you going to Paris, then?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 am

Not as such. I mean, I suppose I'll lick the stamp and by this send some precious precious saliva to Paris. They'll like that.

Do you still have to lick stamps? I don't know, letters are for losers.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby PonderThis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 am

So you're sending an application to Paris so you can go to Australia? :? :?:
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm

I have to send it to the Canadian Embassy in Paris. I guess they deal with that particular branch of Canadian Embassy business. I'm sure the fellows in London have a lot on their plates.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby chrismachine » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I think it might be partly due to our countries' unique relationship (well, unique in being shared with many others on your end but not ours). Who knows. Where did you settle on going, if you have?
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 am

I told the forms I'll be in Ontario, because Toronto seems to be the place. But I can go to other places, so I guess it depends if I feel like doing that. Vancouver might be cool, and my brother is going there in September (I have no real idea exactly when I'll be going myself; I can arrive at any time up to a year from being issued the appropriate papers) but it would probably cost a chunk extra to get there. I don't exactly have an itinerary, but Toronto first, anyway.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby chrismachine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Cool. Well just so you know, it costs about $250-400 for a return flight to Ottawa or Montreal from TO, or about half to a third of that to travel by bus like common folk. Vancouver is not a cheap, running about double that. I'm assuming you won't need to leave during peak times.
chrismachine

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

You should totally be in Toronto by June 1st. ALL SPAMMIES SHOULD BE THERE. And then we can grab a nice beverage of sorts. Or go on adventures! THROUGH TIME?
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Something special about that day?
chrismachine

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 pm

chrismachine wrote:Something special about that day?

Oh, yes, I seemed to have missed that part. Nothing spectacular, but I will be there for a few days for a conference and will have some time to kill :P

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Oh, I thought you were trying to have a Spamuser meetup for Canada Day for some odd reason. :P

(Ugh, I wish I could be in Toronto on... well, I wish I could be up there ever. :( )

EDIT: Wait, that's July, not June. NEVER MIND.

EDIT 2: Or you could celebrate Canada Day THROUGH TIME!
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:58 am

Well let's see if and when Enty gets there but if we could get some people together for Spamusement Day I think I'd manage to find a way to show up. I've been kinda kicking myself for now going to the New York get-together we had a few years back! Hmmm better get my passport in order, though. I let it expire a while back.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am

Right, right. I've been on the phone to some people and apparently it's usual for people to book flights with no job or accommodation set up, and it shouldn't be a problem. So, I guess I'll see if I can't get a flight for the 7th of September. I sure hope I don't spend two months sleeping on a bench then die of pneumonia!
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 am

Yeah that dying of pneumonia thing would definitely suck. Try not to do that.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Right. Three weeks (or so) left and I don't have any real preparation done. Canadian Spamusers: How cold is it going to be? I figure I ought to hold out on buying most of the appropriate clothing until I'm there because I won't have the luggage space to pack an entire bear's-worth of rugged fur boots and hats-with-ears. But, uh, I'm not sure what I ought to bring. Do any of you (either of you) have any secret Canadian information? I won't tell the other Canadians you told me.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:20 pm

gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby fanelian » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I guess Enty just means the "two of you who have participated in this thread".

The company I work for has deemed that the Spamusers wiki is "SUSPICIOUS" and won't let me access it. Hhhhm

And, Enty, It doesn't seem like Toronto is too cold these days. This list seems useful:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/to ... 20157.html

And the same website offers some info about the weather and holidays, and stuff:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/to ... 20006.html

I have a friend who will be in Mississauga on the week of Sept 19. I will try to go into his suitcase and then .. run to Toronto. I hear is nearby.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm

EvilJekyll wrote:
:(

Only two currently-active spamusers!

Fan that is a terribly informative site thank you! I suspected I wouldn't freeze to death on the way to the coat shop, but people have been rather playing up the coldness aspect. I would certainly like to survive for some reasonable stretch.

Hells, according to this it'll still be somewhat summery when I get there. You guys must have misaligned your seasonal regulator or something. That's fine, I can fix that. That can be my job. I just need a comically large spanner.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I could tell you all about the weather in Saskatchewan but that won't be much use. Toronto is 2670km (1659 mi) away, so the weather can be quite different. But, generally, I would say bring clothes you can layer. T-shirts, sweaters, a light coat, jeans. Then when you get there be sure to buy a good winter jacket, toque and/or ear muffs, scarf, and maybe long johns for under your pants. Or ski pants if you wanna roll in the snow and make forts and snow men!

I dunno, Chris, how's the weather around them parts?

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 am

Honestly a really good scarf is always a great idea. Right now it is quite temperate, and you can expect it to be in the low 20s when you get here fairly consistently. You'll also be just in time for the indian summer, but after that it's all down hill and often below zero for a few days come halloween, and steadily in the -10 to -20 range for a few months, so you'll want to have at least $150 set aside for solid winter gear by then. You could very easily find something decent at a consignment or thrift store, but if you want something good from a brand store that's about as low as you can expect for quality. Get something that has a good shell for the wind and an inner layer you can separate and wash. Get it here for sure. If you stay in Toronto proper snow is a bit less of an issue in terms of ridiculous winter boots or snow pants or whatever.
chrismachine

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 am

ntw3001 wrote:
EvilJekyll wrote:
:(

Only two currently-active spamusers!

two and a half. i know i've seen jax post something about once every month or so...
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby James » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 am

Wait, how is this Internet?
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 am

Because Enty is not real, we are interacting with an AI through the internets. At least that's what I assumed all along...

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 am

That's what I kept thinking the last two days, james. However, I apparently forgot to address it here. Now I am.
Where's the internets?
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:43 pm

ntw3001 wrote:Wait a second, what's this doing in the internets section? My brain is turning to mush.

Already got it covered.
ntw3001
Group Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Internets