The Dream Thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby Clueless » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:04 am

I had this rather strange dream last night. I dreamt I was a Roman legionnaire, and in charge of a squad of six, including me. after some training montage-esqe stuff we were ordered out on a mission, something I thought was extremely stupid for two reasons:

1. It was the zombie apocalypse. there were zombies from all the people the roman empire had ever killed out ther, and they were all out to get us.

2. The camp we were in was one of four sieging a particular Gaul village. It's easy to guess what we were supposed to do on this mission, and why it would fail.

All in all, both me and my squad considered the mission suicidal, but there wasn't much we could do. We followed the centurion out of the camp, and came face to face with the horde of surprisingly modern-looking zombies. I think most of them were wearing t-shirts or something like that. It was around this point I woke up, but I also have this vague memory of the Gauls being besieged by skeletal legionnaires...
Null wrote:I think it's a parallel to "Nero fiddles while Rome burns."

"The Emperor air-guitars while his realm atomizes."

:D :wink:
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 am

The other night, I had a nightmare that ICE had detained my hubby, even though he's legal now, and that they wouldn't let me talk to him or even tell me where he was. I was in some kind of a waiting room with my family, and I finally got through on a phone and was going to get to talk to him when they started turning off the lights. My mom (who in real life died 5 years ago) was there, and she said "I guess that means we won't get to talk to him after all." Then we were outside, walking through miles of either snow or white tile. Mom and my stepdad were way ahead of me and I was all alone.

This was even worse than the dreams where I picked some other guy instead of Hubby, only to realize the mistake I had made when it was too late, or the ones where my best friend is still alive but she's in almost as bad physical shape as she was in when she was in the hospital, but she's not getting any help and she's suffering. I have never been more glad to wake up and find out it was just a dream.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 am

badplantmommy wrote:The other night, I had a nightmare that ICE had detained my hubby

This is what I thought until I got the meaning from context.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 am

ntw3001 wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:The other night, I had a nightmare that ICE had detained my hubby

This is what I thought until I got the meaning from context.

That's somebody U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement would probably like to have on their team! :o
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 am

The other night I dreamed that my best friend was still alive, and that she had recovered from the illnesses she had when she was in the hospital and was in great shape...and then her ex shot and killed her. :o
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby PonderThis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:57 am

Spamuser dream!

I dreamed MD had talked me into coming to England to watch Stoke play. So I get there a day early and he takes me up a hill to show me the stadium. We get to the top of the hill and somehow James is there too. MD says with pride, there it is! Only for some reason I can see four huge Jerryworld type stadiums. So I say, dang that's a lot of stadiums. And MD is like gee isn't it obvious which one is ours? Those others are bums. James then butts in and says the other three are Liverpool and Man U and somebody from London and I say how on earth can we possibly see all those stadiums from one hill? And James says, "It's a very extraordinary hill".
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby MysticalDescent » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 am

I'll be honest, Mow Cop is a pretty extraordinary hill.

Thanks to this dream, I'm going to say 'gee' more often, now.
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby jvcc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm

I had a dream that I went to have dinner out at some sort of restaurant/store (like Cracker Barrel) with an old friend who (in real life) I haven't seen in years. We were waiting around forever and our waitress had never even taken out orders, so I just started shouting loud enough for other patrons to hear. Things like, "We've been here sixteen minutes and no one's taken our orders!"

Then I looked over at the table next to ours and George Clooney was sitting there eating some leftover pancakes that I had had in my car (in real life I did have a takeaway box full of pancakes). He was not repentant at all when I told him they were mine. Then I pointed to the parking lot and informed him that there was a car that was the same make and model as mine with the same first three license plate numbers, but it was hot pink and sparkly (whereas my car is red). He didn't believe me and refused to turn around to look.

George Clooney is a dick.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

And last night I had a dream that I went to the doctor and she told me I was pregnant. I left the hospital and when I came back to try and see her again, all the rooms and floors had changed so I couldn't find her. I went outside to try and call her on my cell phone and got attacked by wolves and one fox.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby James » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:48 am

Ponder, your dream unduly credits me with unusual knowledge of hills and stadia.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Last night I dreamt that I needed a ride home from the big, empty schoolroom type place that I was in, so David Mitchell came to pick me up. I sort of assumed that as a celebrity he wouldn't want to linger or chitchat, but I was pleasantly surprised when he wanted to play with all the blocks and other sorts of toys that were in the room. For some reason I kept pointing out all the words he used that are pronounced differently in the US.

I usually don't remember my dreams, but since I've had a string of memorable ones (memorable to me, at least) I shall record them here.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby fanelian » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50 am

In this dream, I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen, only to find my deceased father heating something in the microwave. It's done and it's two glasses containing a blue liquid. He tells me to drink one of them, to make me feel better (Dad used to prepare tea for me when I couldn't sleep). I hesitated, because, you know, dead people don't exactly excel at preparing beverages, and I had my suspicions of the blue color meaning it was some kind of cleaning liquid. Instead of drinking, I touched dad to see if he was "real", and he was, and then I hugged him - he felt pretty much alive, and he had his big belly of back when he wasn't so Ill. He was cheerful, and not the least aware that he was dead. It turned out that the blue liquid was mouthwash. My nephews came to the house then, accompanied by their mother, and my mom woke up and they were kind of creeped out by my dad being there, but the youngest boy went on to hug him. But mom was trying to get my dad to understand that he should leave because he was dead, and at some point me too. And then, super fast cockroaches appeared and THAT scared the hell out of me.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:03 am

After I lost my dad (many years ago), I had a dream where his body was alive and walking around in the backyard, but he wasn't in it--like a zombie, but without the blood and gore. It really freaked me out!
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 pm

The last dream I remember involved getting on a boat with most of the main characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and sailing to a deserted island to get away from the Cenobites from Hellraiser. Then it turned out a penguin had stowed away with us, and that's all I remember.

I actually have been watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer a lot as of late, but I have no idea where the rest of it came from.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby slydon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 am

I dreamed I was living in Manhattan, and that Saltine lived a few blocks away. I was meeting him because he noticed the text of something I was working on was dark gray on black, and largely unintelligible. So we met at a corner near the flatiron, each of us with a tablet. He was trying to change the color to something legible and palatable, but he was using lab color and I was trying to tell him that I needed to use RGB hexadecimal. But I couldn't open any documents on mine because I had a floating icon that looked vaguely like one of our old comic characters we adapted from a decidedly unpleasant videogame that kept covering up the other icons.
slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 pm

I dreamt that I was in a movie style war time version of my house. Russia had declared war on the USA and for some reason I had knowledge that the Soviets (why? it's not the USSR anymore) were going to carpet bomb this area and we should evacuate. Realising I was dreaming, and this dream was not pleasant, I woke up to find myself in the same dream. This time though, there were air raid sirens going off. Dream repeated itself up to a point where we were fleeing for our lives as I somehow switched to an aerial view of a quad propeller bomber carpet bombing the area.

I don't know how my mind came up with that story after obviously being influenced by X-Men: First Class last night.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Dusk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

jvcc wrote:I went outside to try and call her on my cell phone and got attacked by wolves and one fox.

There's always one.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I had a really weird dream last night, set in Australia (or the magical fantasy land my subconscious imagines Australia to be).

There were two men, I'd say early 30s, who either had been or were currently in the military. They got lost on a small island and while wandering through the jungle saw a parade of ducks. Some of the ducks were carrying things, improbable things: one of them had a pile of red sticks on its back that made it look like it was wearing a headdress and was dragging a live timber wolf on a length of cloth. Behind this procession was a koala walking upright, and the two men discussed how in the last Australian duck parade that they had seen a koala had been following along as well, so they must eat whatever the ducks leave over.

Then an old man of the forest found the two men and agreed to bring them back to civilization, but not without showing them what my dream referred to as the Alamo on a nearby, even smaller island. It was a Southwestern American style adobe fort, and the old man said that its inhabitants (the indigenous people of the island) were being besieged by a stronger, more modern nation. He was imploring the two men to help defend it, but they didn't seem that interested. He led them back home by having them swing on vines through the thick jungle, but not without them coming dangerously close to a small lake full of hippos.

Either during or just after their jungle escapades, one of the men told the other one that he was gay. They were eating on the terrace of some cafe, recounting their harrowing experience in the wilderness and the guide who had saved them, and the straight guy was teasing the gay one about having a crush on the old man. The gay guy laughed along, but you could tell that both of them were uncomfortable, and that their relationship would never be the same.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby fanelian » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm

The other day I dreamt that this old friend of mine was at my house, trying to fix my kindle. And at some point we were about to kiss/make out but we simply didn't. I guess it was too akward even for a dream.

In last night's dream I had just entered Med school. We were only 6 people in my class. One of hte guys was my best friend's husband, and there were another guy and two other women... and one of my exes, who was clearly there just to stalk me. He went as far as going into my dorm room and trying to sleep in my bed, with me, as if it were the most normal thing in the world. My friends' husband threw him out, but he wouldn't budge, no. I later returned to my room to find it filled with giant, exotic flowers. Except the flowers were poisonous, sentient, and evil, and killed people by slowly sucking their brains out - my roommate was half-way dead when I found her being sucked on. Freaked the hell out of me, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

So, that's my state of mind for you.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EsBe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

I always feel weird talking about dreams because, firstly, I rarely dream, and secondly, when I do dream they are so utterly mundane that I don't even think they're worth repeating. For example, the freshest dream in my memory is of me having a conversation with a woman I know (I have like six real face-to-face friends, she is one of them). It wasn't about anything in particular, just boring everyday chitchat. It's also the most enjoyable dream I can remember having, which doesn't say much.

The exception to that is this one time I was taking a light nap, and had a mini nightmare of getting zipped up in a bodybag. "fork that", I thought, and decided to wake up since I was apparently sleeping light enough to be aware that I was sleeping. So then I sort of half woke up, because while I couldn't actually move my body yet, I was able to open my eyes and very distinctly saw both my physical body and bedroom as well as the dream version of me lying half inside of a bag, at the same time. The only reason I even remember this event is because I thought it was interesting, from a purely academic standpoint, that (as far as I could tell) I was most definitely seeing the dream via my eyes rather than just imagining it in my head.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby jvcc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I had a dream that started off as mundane but quickly became bizarre. I was having a casual conversation with an acquaintance and I mentioned a professor of mine and how he's pretty cool and funny. The person nodded, then when I had finished speaking said, "You know he eats paper, right?" "W-what?" "Yeah, after he gets a receipt or prints something he just eats it." "Oh, well...no, I didn't know."
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:13 am

Last couple I can remember:

I am at a party in some kind of big mansion type place. They hand me a rule book, then add that if you want to disobey any rules, you can go into one of their inter-dimensional portals. I'm so excited by the idea of inter-dimensional portals that I immediately find one (it's a door with some weird light behind it) and enter. It teleports me into... a hotel room full of packing peanuts. With The Joker, Harley Quinn, and Charles Manson - Harley and The Joker are discussing something completely boring, and Charles Manson is asleep. I find a radio, which plays "Hocus Pocus" by Focus, which I really want to listen to, but everyone insists I turn it off. Since there's no door, I start digging through the styrofoam to try and find my way back to the party. I love the fact that I found myself in a room with two fictional insane criminals and one real insane criminal, yet my biggest concern was that they wouldn't let me rock out to absurd 70's prog-rock instrumentals.

I have a new girlfriend, and someone keep trying to kill her. This culminates in a fight with someone in a chicken suit (possible Family Guy influence?). I knock the chicken suit head off, and the assailant is revealed to be another woman, who wanted to be my girlfriend instead. I agree to start going out with her if she stops trying to hurt this other woman (who disappeared at this point). Yeah, this dream was unusually egotistical.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 pm

One of my FB friends was quite disturbed a few days ago, because she had a dream about Justin Bieber, of all people. My friend is an adult woman, and not at all into teeny-bopper type guys. Of course the rest of us found the dream very amusing. :)
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Right. I had a dream. I had, like, this Bernard's Watch-type watch (it had the power to stop time for everyone but the wielder), and got into a fight with two guys in a city. I made more of a meal of it than one really would when equipped with Bernard's Watch, and it was still going on when some white things started streaking across the sky. They were coming from space, and each one was yelling 'WORMS' as it fell (they had voices like, I dunno, those little alien guys from Toy Story maybe?). The two guys were whatever by this point, who cares. Then it started to snow, but it was magic snow and we learned (by watching over a footbridge) that if someone was coated entirely in the snow, they would turn into ice and the space-things would pick them up and drop them, and they'd shatter. So people were running around trying not to get snow on them, and homeless people were cold but safe (because they had blankets, so the snow could only get on their faces and hands), and I went round the shops to get a nice warm jumper for protection. I rounded a corner and ran into a swarm of leprechauns, but they were only about an inch and a half high. It turned out that the leprechauns had been the ones falling from space (or maybe my dream-self just assumed that?). THE END

So, I googled 'leprechaun dream'. One of the top links was from Yahoo Answers, 'What does it mean if you dream about leprechauns'. On clicking the link, it turned out that the question was specifically about being choked by a leprechaun. Not what I was looking for.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Nyperold » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

The other night, I had a dream involving Haruhi Suzumiya. Maybe my recent reading of Kyon: Big dang Hero (up to the point where I have to wait for updates) had something to do with it, but nothing happened that was specific to it. Like, I didn't get the feeling that anyone was Kanae. On the other hand, I didn't see anyone else that I felt was one of the the other characters.
"Pharaoh, are there plagues ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead!"
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above