Fun Java Game - Minecraft

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Re: Fun Java Game - Minecraft

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

SO MUCH BLUE WOOL I got like two stacks of Lapis Lazuli on an adventure and then fell into lava and died and it was lost forever. This has happened more than once. I stopped playing Minecraft for a couple of months.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby chrismachine » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Lapis Lazuli reminds me of that story of the two religious figures each designing their future tombs to be more opulent than the last... or something.

edit: ah, here.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm

42 Some lump, ah God, of lapis lazuli,
43 Big as a Jew's head cut off at the nape,
44 Blue as a vein o'er the Madonna's breast

I like the similes that were used :P
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I made this today. In the background you can see my sandstone mansion and on the right you can see the corner of my old obsidian tower that was kind of boring as I could only think of uses for 3 of its 11 floors.

EDIT: I felt like showing you guys an interior shot of my sandstone mansion.

This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:33 pm

I feel like I should build something palatial rather than spend all my time spelunking. But I left my Minecraft game with me lost in a giant cave with full bags. Further exploration will be fruitless, and escape has proven difficult. I could dig up, but digging up is for suckers.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:39 pm

By the way, I use the "John Smith" HD Texture pack, which can be found here. Love the look of it. Notice the glowstone looks like lanterns and the windows look less like blocks of ice and more like windows? Yeah.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 am

Very nice work! I miss minecraft. My computer blue screens when I try to play :(
Bookmarked the texture pack, though!

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 pm

So the friend that started the old server decided to get back into Minecraft and started a new server. The first thing I stumble across is this nice-sized flat island with lots of shallow water around it and the first thing I can think of is an island nation (I've been listening to Israel Kamakawiwoʻole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" a lot lately and I felt...Hawaiian).

So here we are in a bungalow paradise. The rope bridges do work (there are fences just out of sight that keep you from falling through). The sunsets are incredible, as there is this tall mountain island to the west, and the sun sinking behind it is breathtaking.

The "rope bridge":

The first bungalow I built:

The docks, with additional space for other people's boats (and showing how deep the ocean gets off some of the coasts):
Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:15 am

Zombie Protestor

Postby jvcc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 am

Oh yeeeeeah!
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm

So the wife wanted me to build her a giant tree that looked ancient.

So, how did I do?
Zombie Protestor

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:31 am

ZP that is aawwweeesssoooommmmme! Kinda Yggdrasil-ish, but not really, but it is epic either way.

I really really really really miss playing Minecraft and I am so excited to check out everything that came out from pistons onwards. Heck, I barely got a chance to get started with the autoboost mine track stuff!

So there are vines now I see!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:09 pm

That's quite a tree. Minecraft sure has changed in the few months since I played it. I'm waiting for the adventure update, along with the have-facilities-to-play-minecraft-in-Canada life-self-update.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby PonderThis » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Someone should do a spamusement cartoon using minecraft.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm

ntw3001 wrote:I'm waiting for the adventure update

The one that came out a week or two ago?
Zombie Protestor

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm

PonderThis wrote:Someone should do a spamusement cartoon using minecraft.

I *kind* of attempted that but the situation was too specific, so MS Paint to the rescue! No idea where it went. Maybe it was a response to someones comic, or some such.

Anyways YES! Spamusement + Minecraft = freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (i.e., so full of awesome... melty gooey awesome)

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:02 am

So for my island nation I decided that they need some totems and some creation myths. So here we are:

This is Bra'ki'o'ra. Everywhere that Bra'ki'o'ra goes, a giant ball of water surrounds him. One day, he found an egg and decided to make it his home, although this egg was the home of Til'a'coat. The oceans are the ball of water surrounding Bra'ki'o'ra and the egg is the center of the world.

This is Til'a'coat, the fire serpent that emerged from the egg after fighting with Bra'ki'o'ra. He found water everywhere he went, and needing a place to rest, he spit out lava, which cooled and rested in the waters to form the land.
Zombie Protestor

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:39 pm

That's remarkably creative. I love the tree, too.
MysticalDescent

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:I'm waiting for the adventure update

The one that came out a week or two ago?

Yeah. Apparently it was only the first half though, so I still feel justified. I am still waiting on the other thing, though. I guess I could check whether Minecraft can work with Ubuntu. Probably not, it's cool. I can live without.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Zombie Protestor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:25 am

So I started building ships, and after building 5 galleys (well, copied and pasted to get 5 of them), I decided to start work on a flagship for my kingdom. So, here are some screenshots of the HLS (His Liege's Ship) Justice, which is 207 blocks from fore to aft. Assuming 1 block=1 meter, that makes her around 680 feet (over two football fields) in length.

A view of her prow:

Starboard side:

Standing on the aft deck. Notice the banners on the ship:

If you are wondering, the structure around the ship is a shipyard scaffolding. The structures you see on deck, especially in the starboard screenshot, are arrow launchers (since there aren't cannons that aren't monstrous constructs of TNT). The sails are furled, which is what the white rolls of wool are. Again, this is with the Johnsmith texture pack, which has the nifty feature of replacing a lot of the smaller paintings with functional decorations including knife sets, wanted posters, molding, and banners like you see here. One of the large paintings becomes a rather nice map, which you can see here in the Justice's war room (note the piston table in the foreground):

Zombie Protestor

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Very cooool!

ZP do you still host a server? Or does anyone? I can play again! THERE ARE SO MANY NEW THINGS I AM LOST.

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Ah, I thought I commented on this before! Excellent ship, ZP.

I stopped playing once my computer crashed and I lost everything on it a while back. Also, I had finally tamed a wolf and the accidentally set fire to it with lava.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Yup! harmonyminecraft.dyndns.org

You can go to http://mc.harmonygaming.com (website still mostly under construction) to read all about the addons we have and see an overhead map (hover over the right side to see the different worlds). The default world is "discord" which is not moderated, and trustable players are eventually moved to "harmony." My city is in the northern part of the continent.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Woot, I shall check it out!

Nothing like a fresh, itemless spawn in the middle of the night, in the middle of a rainstorm, in the middle of some zombies and skelly archers! Haha :P

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Nooo, Just as I catch ZP for the very first time, server goes BLAMMO.
It's a curse, I say!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

PreviousNext

Return to The Internets