NON-Amusing News Articles

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Re: NON-Amusing News Articles

Postby jvcc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:38 pm

I've fallen off the hill
I've fallen off the hill for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen off the hill yea
God knows, God knows I've fallen off the hill
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby PonderThis » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Bwa haha ha ha @fan + jvcc :D
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Skimba » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 am

PonderThis wrote:Bwa haha ha ha @fan + jvcc :D

agreed
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby PonderThis » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 pm

This happened maybe three or four hours ago about ten miles south of where I'm sitting.

See that dark rectangle there in the middle? That's a semi-trailer from an 18-wheeler. Check out the video.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby loofah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:35 am

I actually just came by to see how you were, after I saw this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/incredib ... ear-dallas
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

rickin'-frackin' Nature! O_O

Ponderpants, are you alright?
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 pm

A good 100 meters of beach dissappeared suddenly in a Baja California Sur beach. Here's a very badly translated version of the news article, but hopefully it does convey the general idea and you get to see the pictures.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:11 am

:barf:
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 am

Yeah, pretty gross.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 am

apparently there is such a thing as legitimate rape and a woman's body will just reject the rape when she knows it's a legitimate one. we know these things because "doctors" said so... :roll:
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby Skimba » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 am

I read about that yesterday and my jaw just dropped and I was speechless for a moment. It's incredible to me how someone for whom speaking is a large part of their job, would be so reckless and unthoughtful...and how much of a total moron he is.
A (female) friend and I were discussing this incident last night and neither of us had previously realized how horribly the birth control industry has been lying to women for decades. Our bodies had the knowledge to spontaneously abort this whole time! I'm going to try it tomorrow!...or something.

This was the article I read yesterday
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby EsBe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 pm

I was listening to On Point this morning at work and they were covering this. The very first thing they did was bring on a doctor to address the science of the claim. Took 30 seconds to get the 7th grade science lesson out of the way, then they started talking about the interesting stuff. End of story? No. On two occasions, I think, people called in and, citing unspecified studies, tried to debunk the doctor who laid out the facts. :o
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:11 pm

gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby chrismachine » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Oh dear...
chrismachine

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:03 pm

From a vague, vague snippet I remember from something last year, was that not the Medieval attitude towards thing? A child could only be conceived so long as both parties consented to the birth of a child, so if pregnancy occurs, it's all above board and legal. In fact, more than that, it's the biggest cause of social mobility? Can't get to marry any single heiresses as the King marries them off to his pals? Abduct them, perform a shoddy marriage ceremony, get them pregnant and there you have it, you're bound to them forever and see masses of money coming your way, along with invites to all the best tournaments. For example, in the Fourteenth Century, Elizabeth de Clare (of Clare College, Cambridge and something of a renowned feminist figure) was set to inherit a third of the massive Gloucester lands after her father was killed (very, very painfully) at Bannockburn and the King, Edward II, was planning to marry her off to one of his friends who didn't hold any lands. Then, out of nowhere, Theobald II de Verdun sprints into the castle where she was staying, allegedly abducts her and gets ready to become a major landholder, possibly while making derisory gestures to the King. He then died just before the inheritance came through.

You'd think that sort of thing wouldn't re-emerge 600 years later, though.
MysticalDescent

Postby PonderThis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 am

If you ever decide you'd like to renovate an old work of art, make sure you go to school and receive the appropriate training. It wouldn't hurt if you had some artistic talent to begin with. Whatever you do, don't just grab some paint and a brush and have at it. :n/
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Skimba » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

PonderThis wrote:If you ever decide you'd like to renovate an old work of art, make sure you go to school and receive the appropriate training. It wouldn't hurt if you had some artistic talent to begin with. Whatever you do, don't just grab some paint and a brush and have at it. :n/

Haha...oh JESUS that's hysterically awful all around. Seriously awful from the side of art preservation, of course.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Truly a masterpiece of modern art!
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:53 pm

The BBC Europe correspondent described the painting's current state as resembling "a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic."
MysticalDescent

Postby PonderThis » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

They need to get this guy on "So You Think You Can Cook" or whatever the name of the current reality tv cooking show is. I think he's got exactly the kind of competitive spirit that they look for on reality tv!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 am

it's like i said to someone yesterday: can you imagine if he didn't actually dump the remains in the grease trap but instead did a sweeny todd-style "special" after he was done cooking? :barf: :barf: :barf:

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:09 pm

chrismachine

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Sounds true. I worked a night shift at a linen cleaning plant for a few weeks before going to Canada, and while the facility I worked in (there were two separate buildings) was full of 'international students' of varying nations (I'm pretty certain some of them actually were, but the place was known for not asking too many questions and there was a dramatic police raid a while after I left), the one across the street was entirely Polish. Polish folks also accounted for a little over half the patients of the smoking service when I worked for the NHS. I think Indian is still a more heavily-represented nationality, but I guess it's not reflected in surveys of language.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 pm

UK young adults are terrible

So this study says that the UK's young adults are amongst the least literate and numerate in the developed world. The Conservative man says it's Labour's fault because those students were educated under their rule. The Labour man says nuh-uh, because exam results were good at the time. No poopcakes! Your exams didn't measure whether students could read or count!
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 pm

hey, Americans still kick your ass when it comes to being uneducated mouth breathers!

sum yun gai

PreviousNext

Return to The Internets