I'll debate table Santiago

Oh, so you think you're funny? If you've made your own Spamusement strip, post it here.

I'll debate table Santiago

Postby SilasX » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:57 am

Someone had to do it sooner or later...

I'll debate table Santiago

Image

Note that, as you can see from the top hat, Table Santiago is from the more upper-class anthropomorphic furniture caste.

The translation is left to the reader.
User avatar
SilasX
Has a UNIVERSITY D1PL0MA
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Waco, Texas, USA

Postby zacfoo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:03 am

love it. especially the bandolier on the filing cabinet. could have used a water cooler moderator, though.
sweet marjoram!
zacfoo.com
User avatar
zacfoo
Refinanced Your Mortgage
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 pm

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:10 pm

Love the random \m/ in the audience.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach

Postby James » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:28 pm

zacfoo wrote:love it. especially the bandolier on the filing cabinet. could have used a water cooler moderator, though.

Hang on, don't you know who that is?

At first I thought Table Santiago was a photocopier.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby kupo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:20 pm

It's a sad world if people do not know right away who Cabinet Sanchez is.

lol Amusing concept.
a signature
User avatar
kupo
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7811
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Hicksville, New York, USA

Postby Brade » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:11 pm

I would tivo this.
User avatar
Brade
Has a UNIVERSITY D1PL0MA
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: SC

Postby Mimiheart » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:35 pm

Beautiful--and exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. :D
User avatar
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby SilasX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:47 am

How come no one's asked what Cabinet Sanchez is saying?

By the way, I was considering having an audience member shouting "Justicia Agraria" (agrarian justice), but I didn't want to make it start to get political and violate the unspoken rule of spamusements.
User avatar
SilasX
Has a UNIVERSITY D1PL0MA
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Waco, Texas, USA

Postby Mimiheart » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:44 am

If nadia has value?
User avatar
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby leoboiko » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 am

If nothing is of value...
pop-culture-happy spammer wrote:It's true I hire my body out for pay, hey hey.
Leonardo Boiko
User avatar
leoboiko
Suspended Your PayPal Account
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:23 am
Location: Curitiba, Brazil

Postby James » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:12 pm

SilasX wrote:How come no one's asked what Cabinet Sanchez is saying?

Because none of us would like to admit to ignorance.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby Lisle » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:23 pm

In my humble opinion, Table Santiago might just be the best fan-created spamusment charater there is.

I hope you don't mind SilasX, but I had to draw him myself:

Image

I gave him some dimension in my MS paint style.
User avatar
Lisle
Makes LOLCATS
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Scarborough Ontario

Postby kupo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Lisle wrote:In my humble opinion, Table Santiago might just be the best fan-created spamusment charater there is.

I hope you don't mind SilasX, but I had to draw him myself:

Image

I gave him some dimension in my MS paint style.


That's some nice perspective you have there.

And, I like pretending I know what things say in other languages.
a signature
User avatar
kupo
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7811
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Hicksville, New York, USA

Postby James » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:25 pm

Are you sure it isn't isometric, Kupo? Well, maybe not an isometric projection, but perspectiveless. An orthographic projection, perhaps? I'm not so familiar with the terminology.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby Lisle » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:18 pm

I once taught grade nine drafting, I can feild this question.
An isometric drawing is a faux three dimensional drawing with no perspective at all - that is to say all lines are to the same scale. If you drew a cube that had three inches to a side, in an isometric drawing, you could see three sides (usually front, top and right side) and every line on the cube would be three inches (for a 1:1 scale drawing)

An orthographic drawing is a little more complex. It could depict the same shape as an isometric drawing, but would show each side individually. There are usually three views in a basic orthographic projection, but there can be as many as six plus added cut sections and details. The spacing in an orthographic drawing is important, but you don't really need to know that. If you drew the same cube in an orthographic drawing, it'd look like three squares on a piece of paper.

The hat, if you look closely, widens out as it gets nearer the top. Since neither Orthographic nor Isometric drawings allow for any distortion at all, I'm afriad that it cannot be either and must therefor just be plain old perspective, with a vanishing point and all.

Then again, I did just draw it with a mouse, and I figure this doesn't really matter. I'm supposed to be studying for an exam I have tomorrow anyway.
User avatar
Lisle
Makes LOLCATS
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Scarborough Ontario

Postby Bink » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:28 pm

Lisle wrote:...I hope you don't mind SilasX, but I had to draw him myself:

Image

.


Looks you washed the squid ink ice cream off his face in the process. And gave him a Western hat instead of that samurai 'do...

Excellent redraw!

-Bink
Last edited by Bink on Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bink
Saves up to 75% on Inkjet Cartridges
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:41 pm

James wrote:Are you sure it isn't isometric, Kupo? Well, maybe not an isometric projection, but perspectiveless. An orthographic projection, perhaps? I'm not so familiar with the terminology.


Stop with your dang words, you beast!
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach

Postby SilasX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:01 pm

Lisle wrote:In my humble opinion, Table Santiago might just be the best fan-created spamusment charater there is.

I hope you don't mind SilasX, but I had to draw him myself:

Image

I gave him some dimension in my MS paint style.


Heh, I appreciate and encourage alternate drawings of Table Santiago. I figured someone might want to do their own interpretation. (I was surprised no one had taken that line.) One thing though - Table Santiago should have a fuller beard. No self-respecting upper class anthropomorphic furniture would be seen in public with stubble! :wink:

And by the way, my Spanish isn't good, but I tried to have him say "If nobody has the courage..." (valor=courage) I don't know if the "nadia" is right, since it might actually mean "nothing" but I figured since he's referring to furniture, it doesn't make a difference.
User avatar
SilasX
Has a UNIVERSITY D1PL0MA
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Waco, Texas, USA

Postby Solomon » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:12 pm

Nada is nothing, nadie is no one.
SUPERNATURAL DEBT CANCELLATION!
User avatar
Solomon
Wears a Rolex Replica
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Postby hippopotassium » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:53 pm

Shouldn't it be in the subjunctive as well?

"Si nadie tenga el valor..."
Light a man a fire, and he will be warm for one night.
Light a man afire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
hippopotassium
Refinanced Your Mortgage
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Bawstun

Postby SilasX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:03 pm

fork Spanish.
User avatar
SilasX
Has a UNIVERSITY D1PL0MA
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Waco, Texas, USA

Postby SevenFourteen » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:30 pm

Cabinet Sanchez and Table Santiago should have their own television show.
User avatar
SevenFourteen
WON THE LOTTERY
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:10 pm
Location: Tejas

Postby James » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Lisle wrote:I once taught grade nine drafting, I can feild this question.
An isometric drawing is a faux three dimensional drawing with no perspective at all - that is to say all lines are to the same scale. If you drew a cube that had three inches to a side, in an isometric drawing, you could see three sides (usually front, top and right side) and every line on the cube would be three inches (for a 1:1 scale drawing)

OK, this is kind of what I was going for, except that I believe that with isometric projection the angle through which the object it rotated vertically is something in particular.

Lisle wrote:An orthographic drawing is a little more complex. It could depict the same shape as an isometric drawing, but would show each side individually. There are usually three views in a basic orthographic projection, but there can be as many as six plus added cut sections and details. The spacing in an orthographic drawing is important, but you don't really need to know that. If you drew the same cube in an orthographic drawing, it'd look like three squares on a piece of paper.

I know what you're talking about, and that's something quite different to what I meant, obviously. I did actually initially think it was what you said, but I was thrown off by oblique projection. dang you oblique projection. I think what I may have meant was axonometric projection. I looked that one up, obviously. Again, I'm far from certain about this.

Actually, according to this article SimCity 4 is presented in an orthographic (specifically trimetric) projection, and it represents something fairly similar to what I'm describing. So if this guy's right what I'm claiming is that you drew Table Santiago using a trimetric projection. The hat is just a result of your general incompetence.

Lisle wrote:The hat, if you look closely, widens out as it gets nearer the top. Since neither Orthographic nor Isometric drawings allow for any distortion at all, I'm afriad that it cannot be either and must therefor just be plain old perspective, with a vanishing point and all.

The sides of the hat aren't necessarily parallel. I was going more by the legs of the table, which, if anything, appear to be diverging. Some elements have vanishing points and others don't? Let's face it: your drawing is a mess. A pleasant mess, mind.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby Lisle » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:39 pm

Alright, next time I pull out the drafting table and spend two months on it. Then table santiago will be perfect.

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of "poorly drawn"?
User avatar
Lisle
Makes LOLCATS
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Scarborough Ontario

Postby James » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Please don't take me seriously.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England


Return to Spamuser Comics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron